CEX

Posted 3rd Feb
anyone know a contact number for CEX I ordered a Samsung S10 plus of them Friday for £490 they cancelled the order and I have to wait 10 days for the refund I was then told in a email by their selves saying it was now in stock so I placed the order yesterday for £490 again and I've just received an email saying they have cancelled the order again and I have to wait 10 days for that refund too
Community Updates
Ask
17 Comments
Within their right to cancel before dispatch. All you can really do is hope your refund comes sooner
-Will-03/02/2020 13:54

Within their right to cancel before dispatch. All you can really do is …Within their right to cancel before dispatch. All you can really do is hope your refund comes sooner

I understand that but they sent me a email saying that the item is in stock so I can order it so I placed the order and they cancelled it again
knighty1YNWA03/02/2020 14:09

I understand that but they sent me a email saying that the item is in …I understand that but they sent me a email saying that the item is in stock so I can order it so I placed the order and they cancelled it again

I think their stock is based on stock in individual stores. When a order comes in, they pick a store that is showing stock and submit the order to that store for them to pack it and ship it. It could be that someone physically bought that phone from the store that had stock, therefore it wasn't updated on the website quick enough. I've physically been to stores showing a item is in stock and when I arrived they couldn't find it. I guess its not updated the moment the item sells.

And their refund delay would be mentioned in their refund policy. Argos took almost a month to reimburse me recently. Just the way it is.
Edited by: "J4GG4" 3rd Feb
J4GG403/02/2020 14:21

I think their stock is based on stock in individual stores. When a order …I think their stock is based on stock in individual stores. When a order comes in, they pick a store that is showing stock and submit the order to that store for them to pack it and ship it. It could be that someone physically bought that phone from the store that had stock, therefore it wasn't updated on the website quick enough. I've physically been to stores showing a item is in stock and when I arrived they couldn't find it. I guess its not updated the moment the item sells.And their refund delay would be mentioned in their refund policy. Argos took almost a month to reimburse me recently. Just the way it is.

I got emailed by online sales that told me it was in stock so if you can get the money together you can place the order
AndyRoyd03/02/2020 14:18

https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/cex-communication-3385778

I've sent them a email and they told me how sorry they was but also told me the phone is in stock on line hence why I ordered it again
Try twitter
knighty1YNWA03/02/2020 14:27

I've sent them a email and they told me how sorry they was but also told …I've sent them a email and they told me how sorry they was but also told me the phone is in stock on line hence why I ordered it again

It won’t be 10 days but a couple of days
10 is max
They don’t have a phone number it is frustrating and in my opinion a big gap in their otherwise very good offering. Best bet is to go to store or try their Twitter
indywooda03/02/2020 18:17

They don’t have a phone number it is frustrating and in my opinion a big g …They don’t have a phone number it is frustrating and in my opinion a big gap in their otherwise very good offering. Best bet is to go to store or try their Twitter

Ye tried Twitter but they won't get back to me like I said I can take the 1st cancellation but to tell me it's in stock so order it again and then for them to cancel it again is a bitter pill
What a joke of a company “will21” just don’t get it
ashmac04/02/2020 12:59

What a joke of a company “will21” just don’t get it

Like i said mate 1st time they cancelled font get me wrong I was gutted but for them to email and say it's in stock so if I order it again they will send it to me and for them to cancel it again is shockingly
knighty1YNWA04/02/2020 11:12

Ye tried Twitter but they won't get back to me like I said I can take the …Ye tried Twitter but they won't get back to me like I said I can take the 1st cancellation but to tell me it's in stock so order it again and then for them to cancel it again is a bitter pill

Yeah I would always wait for the refund first then reorder. I know you take the chance with availability but I just don’t like the thought of them potentially having two lots of my money.
indywooda04/02/2020 20:11

Yeah I would always wait for the refund first then reorder. I know you …Yeah I would always wait for the refund first then reorder. I know you take the chance with availability but I just don’t like the thought of them potentially having two lots of my money.

I would have waited but they emailed me to tell me the stock is there so if I order it they will send it
They usually say 7-10 days to cover their back but it should not take that long, usually youll get the funds back within 5 days
knighty1YNWA05/02/2020 08:37

I would have waited but they emailed me to tell me the stock is there so …I would have waited but they emailed me to tell me the stock is there so if I order it they will send it

That’s bad, I would raise a complaint about that. If you bought it on a credit card and haven’t paid yet then ok, but if it’s a debit card that would really annoy me!
indywooda05/02/2020 15:35

That’s bad, I would raise a complaint about that. If you bought it on a c …That’s bad, I would raise a complaint about that. If you bought it on a credit card and haven’t paid yet then ok, but if it’s a debit card that would really annoy me!

It has mate and their email system is non existent takes them a day to get back to you so you can't properly argue with them
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants