cex beat game who beat cex

Found 20th Jan 2016
Just wondering, I pop into cex and say to them that game would beat them on a game by 1 pound, would they bet it by anything else?

For example - Injustice (PS3) is 5 pound cash from CEX
I go to cex and say that Gme would beat it to 6 pound

Would they go up or just match it?

Thanks
Community Updates
11 Comments
they are a franchise so best to call them but do CEX not say they wont be beaten?
justanothercid

they are a franchise so best to call them but do CEX not say they wont be … they are a franchise so best to call them but do CEX not say they wont be beaten?

Yeah they say they won't be beaten but Game also say they will beat price by 1 pound so a bit of back and fourth but if it increases me getting more money I don't mind. Just though if someone had any experience in doing this
Price everything up on CEX, take the items and list to GAME and they'll beat all games by £1 and hardware by 25%. I doubt CEX would try and beat GAME or you'd just end up being able to create and exploit a loop. Store credit usually yields the biggest reward.
Game only price match trade ins I think, plus I think its on their original price, so whatever their website displays, not what the other offers to beat a price. Otherwise a £5 trade in could go up and up which wouldn't be worth it in the companies eyes I assume?
Steve Mac

Price everything up on CEX, take the items and list to GAME and they'll … Price everything up on CEX, take the items and list to GAME and they'll beat all games by £1 and hardware by 25%. I doubt CEX would try and beat GAME or you'd just end up being able to create and exploit a loop. Store credit usually yields the biggest reward.

Yeah will do, thanks
WatchThisSpac3

Game only price match trade ins I think, plus I think its on their … Game only price match trade ins I think, plus I think its on their original price, so whatever their website displays, not what the other offers to beat a price. Otherwise a £5 trade in could go up and up which wouldn't be worth it in the companies eyes I assume?

Cheers! Will pop in and try for nothing
caironjake

Cheers! Will pop in and try for nothing

They will only beat by £1 on credit not cash.
I do this a lot, I'll try to explain how it works briefly. Game will beat CEX by £1 but you must have prove through showing Game what CEX are offering by showing a member of staff the CEX website with the price they are offering. It isn't a game of ping pong were you can go back and fourth because you need the proof. For example if CEX offer you £12 and you go to game with proof and they give you £13, you then can't go back to CEX because the only proof you have is saying that they offered you £13. Hope that wasn't too complicated hahaha
If you have a smyths near you try calling them to ask what price they will offer you, i bought the crew for £5 on a deal here a while back and smyths offered me £10 trade in instore.
bennyboy95

I do this a lot, I'll try to explain how it works briefly. Game will beat … I do this a lot, I'll try to explain how it works briefly. Game will beat CEX by £1 but you must have prove through showing Game what CEX are offering by showing a member of staff the CEX website with the price they are offering. It isn't a game of ping pong were you can go back and fourth because you need the proof. For example if CEX offer you £12 and you go to game with proof and they give you £13, you then can't go back to CEX because the only proof you have is saying that they offered you £13. Hope that wasn't too complicated hahaha

That's exactly how I had it in mind at first. I'm not gunna go back and fourth expecting price to go up £1 ever single time because they wouldn't do it which I know
I always find Cex will beat Game, no matter what Game offers - example - last week I took Uncharted Collection on PS4 to Game - said will you match the Cex trade-in of £20 (they were offering 15). They said yes. Subsequently discovered that their 2nd hand Fallout 4 was £39 (!). Eventually they said they would knock theirs down to £30 and match the £20 if Cex had any in stock locally. They checked and said they didn't, sorry. I checked myself and they had one! They agreed (grudgingly) to match. I had to go to Cex anyway to return something. Cex agreed to give me £25 trade-in on Uncharted, so Fallout 4 cost me £5. Cex always come up with the goods VS Game, who seem to have very little flexibility.

Another example is that I ordered two Apple Watches in different sizes at launch - as I wasn't sure which would suit me - Cex were offering a given price - I saw Game's promo about beating prices and went there. They basically said there's no chance they could match Cex's price.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants