Cex claiming I sent them cracked discs, help?

Found 14th Jan 2015
I'm shocked by what I've just seen on my CeX account - I sent them 9 games, all factory sealed and in original packaging. 3 of them have been marked as cracked and are being returned. I have the sneaky feeling that I am about to receive different discs than the ones I sent off - they were all sent in a thick cardboard box by collect+. I contacted CEX and asked them to explain - has anyone had the same problem with them?
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
Never had that problem but ive never trusted sending stuff to them for that very reason. You never know what bullsh*t theyre likely to pull. I only ever deal with Cex face to face... And even then theyre a bunch of mongs.
Maybe they were damaged in transit could you
They did it to me once, I sent four Blackberrys in to them, all in mint condition and they contacted me telling me three of them were cracked and in poor condition and marked the prices down.
I told them to return them fearing the worst and they returned my four mint condition devices.
I sold them all as mint later, will not do it again
stuarthanley

Never had that problem but ive never trusted sending stuff to them for … Never had that problem but ive never trusted sending stuff to them for that very reason. You never know what bullsh*t theyre likely to pull. I only ever deal with Cex face to face... And even then theyre a bunch of mongs.

Thanks. I would have preferred to deal with them in person but the nearest CEX is a 40 minute drive away which is why I sent them off by Collect +.

Glenn160

Maybe they were damaged in transit could you

Packaging was a perfect fitting box, all packaged tightly, no way 3 discs would be damaged out of 9

mosskeeto

They did it to me once, I sent four Blackberrys in to them, all in mint … They did it to me once, I sent four Blackberrys in to them, all in mint condition and they contacted me telling me three of them were cracked and in poor condition and marked the prices down.I told them to return them fearing the worst and they returned my four mint condition devices.I sold them all as mint later, will not do it again

That gives me some hope mate, thank you. I'm absolutely flabbergasted. I was going to send them my iphone 4 as well... No chance in hell now!
if they were sealed how do you know they were not already cracked ?
deanos

if they were sealed how do you know they were not already cracked ?

With no damage to the outside? How probable would that be?
Don't send them anything that's sealed , it doesn't make a difference. They even tell you to break the seal to make sure everything's there and all working.
RealistRaja

Don't send them anything that's sealed , it doesn't make a difference. … Don't send them anything that's sealed , it doesn't make a difference. They even tell you to break the seal to make sure everything's there and all working.

Well, not gonna sell them anything anymore, full stop. Should have broken the seal but then I thought what's the point and that I was actually doing them a favour. Stupid stupid stupid.
they dont sell anything "new" i was told so factory seals are no good to them
i got a load of good deals from tesco before, trading them in and made to open them.
good job really, as one I opened was actually missing the disc inside !
My account was then flagged for security checks the next time I went in, for trying to pass off empty cases !
mrwhitelabel

they dont sell anything "new" i was told so factory seals are no good to … they dont sell anything "new" i was told so factory seals are no good to themi got a load of good deals from tesco before, trading them in and made to open them.good job really, as one I opened was actually missing the disc inside !My account was then flagged for security checks the next time I went in, for trying to pass off empty cases !

Wow that's so out of order, thanks for sharing. Were you able to claim anything back from the original seller? I imagine, even if the discs really were cracked, no one at Tesco is going to believe me a month later, are they:(
MissyTrouble

Wow that's so out of order, thanks for sharing. Were you able to claim … Wow that's so out of order, thanks for sharing. Were you able to claim anything back from the original seller? I imagine, even if the discs really were cracked, no one at Tesco is going to believe me a month later, are they:(

thankfully I had a receipt and went in the next day back to tesco and the manager did agree a replacement
mrwhitelabel

thankfully I had a receipt and went in the next day back to tesco and the … thankfully I had a receipt and went in the next day back to tesco and the manager did agree a replacement

Good on you! I am still hoping for a happy ending here, but either way it's lesson learned.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants