CEX Concern

Found 15th Jun 2012
So I basically went to sell my phone today, got £114 for it so I'm happy abt that, but while I was waiting in queue I was approached by a person who forgot his ID. He said he had his birth certificate and stuff but he said Cex didn't accept that, so he asked me to sell it for him on his behalf.

I originally said no, but he said he's got kids in his house and he needed to pay the gas bill and he looked really sad, so I agreed and sold it on his behalf got the money and gave it to him, but along with the money I accidentally gave him the reciept as well.

Nothing will happen right??

On the reciept it has my name on it , a vat number, an order number and a serial number.

Guys the phone was mine, and I bought that from Dell!

The guy wanted me to sell a Carry on abroad complete dvd thing!

Guys the phone was mine, and t
Community Updates
Misc
48 Comments
I'd be more worried that what you took in for him could turn out to be stolen.
http://s10.postimage.org/u6q5bobcp/photo.png
stgeorge

I'd be more worried that what you took in for him could turn out to be … I'd be more worried that what you took in for him could turn out to be stolen.

Absolutely and if he was that desperate to pay bills for his kids then I would have expected him to go back home to get necessary ID that CEX would accept.
stgeorge

I'd be more worried that what you took in for him could turn out to be … I'd be more worried that what you took in for him could turn out to be stolen.

yes because then its down to the op and they have his name addy ect
Honest officer the guy said it was his........
realblender

You have handled stolen goods. That is a criminal offense. You will go … You have handled stolen goods. That is a criminal offense. You will go to jail. The receipt does not matter. The fact that you were willing to sell goods to CEX on behalf of a thief matters. Your ID and the security camera footage provides the proof and ability to trace you.

Just where does anything state that the goods are proven to have been stolen?
You'll be absolutely fine, don't worry. It's all on CCTV you're not going to prison or anything hahaha
Just seen your identity for sale on ebay for tree fiddy.

To be honest you should of just said no could of been stolen goods and now cex has your name down as trading them in so if it's reported stolen your be the one getting in trouble
Edited by: "Corruptions" 15th Jun 2012
NOOO The phone was mine!!!

The guy wanted to sell a complete package of carry on, he got £17 for it
hitmant

NOOO The phone was mine!!! The guy wanted to sell a complete package of … NOOO The phone was mine!!! The guy wanted to sell a complete package of carry on, he got £17 for it

In that case, be worried. CEX have you down as a fan of Carry On movies.
wow ease up u evil hukkers...the guy did it out of the goodness of his heart. i'd prob do the same...but the misk minions have a point. IF it is stolen, you could get into trouble
hitmant

NOOO The phone was mine!!! The guy wanted to sell a complete package of … NOOO The phone was mine!!! The guy wanted to sell a complete package of carry on, he got £17 for it

£17 to pay his gas bill? nice
magicbeans

£17 to pay his gas bill? nice

Better than not paying it. Personally, I'd have advised him to speak to his supplier. Fuel poverty, innit?

They do a check end report for phones. It depends on whether it was a phone OP traded in. They traded their own phone in but didn't say what Mr Dodgy had.

OP the same junkie thief could have picked up your receipt in the street so your fine. If anything odd does happen you can let h police know about Cex.

realblender

The phone was probably stolen in the last hour and will be reported … The phone was probably stolen in the last hour and will be reported stolen imminently. CEX will notice and report you when they try and sell the phone again.BTW: I thought CEX normally keep phones for 24 hours without handing over money to ensure they arent blocked/blacklisted and hold their charge

He said he would take any money for it ugh, I really shoulda thought about this first :l

I hate being so bloody naive :l
Poor fella.

Complete set of Carry On, worst birthday present eva!!
So should I call CEX or the police or who should I call?
Contact the CEX store and tell them what happened.

They may not view it in the best of ways from the perspective of using your ID but maybe they can check to see if there is anything dodgy with the item.

If it did ever get so far as the Police then at least you made yourself be seen to act reasonably responsibly, albeit at the second bite of the Cherry.
Really need to get this sorted out so I can get back to revision :l

Edit: K, I'll CEX and tell them what happened
Edited by: "hitmant" 15th Jun 2012
Anyone know how to get there number?
realblender

I wouldnt stress about it. 50% joking/winding you up but there is truth … I wouldnt stress about it. 50% joking/winding you up but there is truth in it. Given the innocent nature of the item, I wouldnt worry too much. It it was for an iphone, then I would be round to arrest you myself.

ahh right, well that's just mean, you guys had me really worried, I guess I woulda done the same though :P
Thanks guys, gonna get bak to my work then.
hitmant

Anyone know how to get there number?

You can't. You'll have to go back to the store!
hitmant

ahh right, well that's just mean, you guys had me really worried, I … ahh right, well that's just mean, you guys had me really worried, I guess I woulda done the same though :P

Sleeping with folks mams is gonna make you a target bro.

http://s13.postimage.org/b4veb10bp/sfddssdfsdf.png
OP soon.
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x105/GabyLycious/sadsmiley.gif
deek72

OP soon.

Why's he walking past my cell, looking so sad?
realblender

You have handled stolen goods. That is a criminal offense. You will go … You have handled stolen goods. That is a criminal offense. You will go to jail. The receipt does not matter. The fact that you were willing to sell goods to CEX on behalf of a thief matters. Your ID and the security camera footage provides the proof and ability to trace you.

**** me, is this what will be on the Chance card of Monopoly CEX Edition?
Edited by: "Wotwot123" 15th Jun 2012
OK well just emailed them what happened and should get a reply soon. Really appreciate the help guys, now have to get back to work
GO TO JAIL

GO DIRECLY TO JAIL

DO NOT PASS GO

DO NOT COLLECT £200
hitmant

OK well just emailed them what happened and should get a reply soon. … OK well just emailed them what happened and should get a reply soon. Really appreciate the help guys, now have to get back to work

Your buggered now, now they know whats happened, you would have gotton off scot free before
hitmant

OK well just emailed them what happened and should get a reply soon. … OK well just emailed them what happened and should get a reply soon. Really appreciate the help guys, now have to get back to work

No you didn't..

If you was worried about the item being possibly stolen don't tell them the situation ffs - Let it go quiet.

Ugh please be joking again
I sent them this:

Firstly I'd like to say I know it was really stupid of me, but I really … Firstly I'd like to say I know it was really stupid of me, but I really didn't know and didn't really think of the consequences of what I was actually doing.I went into store today to sell my phone, I actually went in yesterday to drop it off so they could check it, I came back in to the store today and was waiting in the queue. I was approached by someone who wanted to sell his collection of Carry on movies, he said he forgot his ID at home and he needed to sell it. He said he had kids in his house and needed to pay the gas bill. I naively believed him and said I would sell it. The store bought it for £17 and I went and gave the money to him (I accidently forgot to take my receipt back as well, nothing bad can happen from that right)So I just got home and realised that the Carry on collection could have been stolen! I really don't know what to do and think the best thing would be to contact you guys. Can you please get back to me as soon as possible.Thanks

You're getting boring now OP. Nobody's interested.
hitmant

Ugh please be joking again :(I sent them this:

expect to be banned from CEX and your card to be mauled by rabid dogs
Oh dear. Why email them?? Let it be!

By the way, selling phones for £114. U got no reason to revise.
Your on a slippery path..what next buying fags & booze for school kids, dealing drugs, armed robbery...it looks like your off to the big house, enjoy your last days of freedom
If he hadn't owned up and the item ended up being stolen then he would face the full force of the Law.

The fact that he owned up to what might be a stupid mistake will likely allow leniency if things do go wrong.

Yes he may lose his CEX membership or privileges but that is a small price to pay for a mistake.
Has to just be a troll thread. WTF would you agree to sell something on behalf of a complete stranger? More to the point who doesn't have some form of ID on them nowadays - especially if you know you are going to be selling something to a 2nd hand shop?

Also since when has a birth certificate been a valid form of ID unless you have something to back it up? To buy booze in a supermarket you need a valid photo ID.

OP - has this thread satiated your narcissistic urges?
Assuming that you get the potentially stolen item and not one from a stock of many.
Maybe but it only needs 2 to be in stock for him not to get the right one.
realblender

To be safe, I would scoop all the stock in the store. OP has plenty of … To be safe, I would scoop all the stock in the store. OP has plenty of cash from selling his phone. So hopefully wont let financial concerns ruin his life chances.

Hehe

Good point lol
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants