Expired

CEX Console trade in price, does it include controller? & will game price match?

Found 20th Jan 2015
just curious if when trading in a console to CEX, if it includes a controller too? id assume so but nothing in the site says.

also, will game still price match the cex trade price?

i have my console wrapped in a slickwraps carbon fibre skin, should i remove this before taking it to trade in or is it fine to stay on?
Community Updates
11 Comments
I can only answer the first part that yes a controller will need to be included. They will require everything that's listed on the contents bit of the box even the ethernet cable.
Astec123

I can only answer the first part that yes a controller will need to be … I can only answer the first part that yes a controller will need to be included. They will require everything that's listed on the contents bit of the box even the ethernet cable.

It didn't come with an Ethernet cable... They even want the crappy earpiece? I threw that in the bin on day one
Game should price match and beat it by a whole English pound.
lukekey

Game should price match and beat it by a whole English pound.

Thank you. Do I need to get it priced at cex first and grab a receipt? Also.. Will try price match on games? Or just consoles?
chantelle310

It didn't come with an Ethernet cable... They even want the crappy … It didn't come with an Ethernet cable... They even want the crappy earpiece? I threw that in the bin on day one

Yep, if the contents bit on the box says it comes with something they want that in the box. I doubt they will do much checking so a cheap poundland one might be a good solution.

I took mine to the local Grainger Games store and got a lot more than even CEX offered. I've given up using them to sell to as they are an awful experience.
Astec123

Yep, if the contents bit on the box says it comes with something they … Yep, if the contents bit on the box says it comes with something they want that in the box. I doubt they will do much checking so a cheap poundland one might be a good solution.I took mine to the local Grainger Games store and got a lot more than even CEX offered. I've given up using them to sell to as they are an awful experience.

My intention is to sell at game for trade in credit.. as will be getting the xbox one from their same day. But need to get a price from CEX first so they can match it... I phone game up this morning and got quoted £180 trade grainger game may be worth a look at I forgot all about them. Thank
What console do you have?
You should only need the console, tv lead, ac adapter & controller. If its a playstation you'll need controller cable to charge and if its a wii you'll need sensor bar. In no way will you need a headset
sonicsez95

What console do you have? You should only need the console, tv lead, ac … What console do you have? You should only need the console, tv lead, ac adapter & controller. If its a playstation you'll need controller cable to charge and if its a wii you'll need sensor bar. In no way will you need a headset

its a ps4, i have all that, just no headset... to be honest from what i can understand they are very flimsy anyway, anybody who's managed to keep it working for longer than a few months is lucky
I think to trade in a PS4 as boxed you need all the items listed in the box including the headset.
If you trade in as unboxed then you only need the AV/power cables and controller

If

chantelle310

My intention is to sell at game for trade in credit.. as will be getting … My intention is to sell at game for trade in credit.. as will be getting the xbox one from their same day. But need to get a price from CEX first so they can match it... I phone game up this morning and got quoted £180 trade grainger game may be worth a look at I forgot all about them. Thank

180 is far too cheap. You'd may be be better off selling it on here?
hannaoptimus

If 180 is far too cheap. You'd may be be better off selling it on here?

If they don't price match the £240 from cex then I'll just take the cex trade instead and buy from their. Do have it listed on here until tomorrow.. If no interest I'll nip into town tomorrow

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants