Expired

Cex delivery

Found 7th Oct 2011
Cex online now charge £2.50 for delivery for anyone who's interested
Community Updates
Misc
18 Comments
Death of their online business. Shame as their prices were not bad.
I thought there was a minimum spend for free delivery /:
deleted265520
They will die now.
Boots are now charging £2.95 for collect in store items too (usually free), now you have to spend over £45 to have no charge? Must be the run up to Christmas!

True prices are decent but with £2.50 delivery turns to not so decent and I'm sure there online sales will slow down a bit

donaldduck2

Death of their online business. Shame as their prices were not bad.

Edited by: "lrah" 7th Oct 2011
Pr3cious18

Boots are now charging £2.95 for collect in store items too (usually … Boots are now charging £2.95 for collect in store items too (usually free), now you have to spend over £45 to have no charge? Must be the run up to Christmas!

I know, it is so annoying that the collect at store is only free if you spend over £20 now. That was the joy of Boots, and with Superdrug offering free delivery on all online orders until November/December time Boots will take a massive hit (hopefully, the greedy bu**ers!).
To get around it I did order a hair dryer and then return it but there was a mistake with the return and Boots 'forgot' to put the refund through.
That was the only thing CeX online had going for them! Fair enough for consoles and big things, but a flat rate for games, dvds, etc is stupid. Nice little extra profit they'll make on each small item (most of their stock). Just another reason to not use their online service
Edited by: "oldmanhouse" 8th Oct 2011
Well they used to be alright but lately the have been terrible. What with shipping items incomplete as in 4 rock band guitars they sent without the wireless dongle, like how am I gonna use it??
To waiting a month before even shipping an order and them telling me they can't find half of my order so have not sent it and me chasing a refund.

one way of completely killing your online business overnight I suppose!

even the free delivery was barely acceptable what with up to two weeks to dispatch / arrive being normal!
Edited by: "csiman" 8th Oct 2011
Boots were always too expensive anyway... Just goes to show if you do a good deal for your customers- like superdrug, you get more customers and don't need to start charging

I'm not too surprised Cex has now got a delivery charge, i'd have been happy to have paid it, as some of their things can be extremely cheap... but the past few orders i've had, i've been getting sent the wrong items- and its alot of bother trying to get it sorted- to the point where I have given up on it...£2.50 charge is absolutely fine, provided cex provide the goods paid for..

what happens for instance, if you order 10 dvds, and they send you only 1 50p one? do you still get a £2.50 charge?
Edited by: "davedave" 11th Oct 2011
csiman

one way of completely killing your online business overnight I … one way of completely killing your online business overnight I suppose!even the free delivery was barely acceptable what with up to two weeks to dispatch / arrive being normal!

So true. I was willing to put up with a shoddy service if the price was right but charging me for it is the last straw!! No more orders and have sent them an email showing some of the items where the new charge has put them way over the odds compared to retailers like Amazon and HMV for new products.

If they don't listen that it up to them. Have spent hundreds over the last 4 years but not a penny more until this is stopped. If that is never, then so be it.
yeah i have decided to not buy my second hand games from CEX any more now that they decide to charge £2.50! for what 1 game in a dvd case, does it even cost £2.50 royal mail to post it? what is it next day special delivery bet not.

so a game that costs £5 at CEX now really costs £7.50 includes postage price hmmm yeah rite like i am going to order that.

They might as well raise the price of everything by £2.50 and say free delivery cause thats what it is now +£2.50 on every stupid order if you buy one at a time, it does stay only £2.50 if you add more items, not tried to add loads items like 25 plus which is easy for older cheaper 2nd hand games.

Just added 26 items to basket and still only £2.50 postage.

£2.50 postage = i will not buy anything from CEX anymore as thier prices are now not reasonable with the £2.50 extra price tag.
Greed is getting worse in this country.

I am with you on that

DLM

Greed is getting worse in this country.

THis is ridiculous.

As previously mentioned, the main thing CEX online had going was it's free postage.
Used to order quite a lot from CeX (DVDS, PS2/3 games) I rarely had a problem with item and they always came in jiffy envelopes. When I saw the delivery charge added I thought fair enough, added about £20 worth of games to my basket and checked out. Received an email 2 weeks later to say that one of the games which cost 75p had been dispatched, yet ALL the other ones "couldn't be sourced" despite their website showing some as being available online in quantities of 10 or more. So I paid £2.50 postage for a 75p game, and to rub salt into the wounds the game turned up wrapped in a BIN LINER! Total joke, won't be buying from them ever again.
Cex are just going down hill
cex r goin down hill. last order i got from them was the wrong product, after 2 weeks of emails and complaints i got a different product posted out that was only half the ram speed i ordered. after another month of ignored emails i finally cracked and sent a abusive 1 to them. got my right order the next day. wrapped in bin liner like some1 else mentioned. ni ther free delivery is gone, it was the only advantage they had. threw with them
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants