Expired

CEX Delivery Charge

Found 16th Dec 2017
Was about to order some items from CEX as i've done before, but it's calculating delivery charge per item, not per order, i.e £1.50 for every item under £50, and free delivery for just the items over £50... thus 4 items, 3 of which under £50 it calculates a delivery charge of £4.50!

I'm sure delivery was per order before, is this something new, or a technical glitch perhaps?
Hope it's a glitch as it's put me off placing my order.
Community Updates
Misc
11 Comments
I have noticed that too last month, I didnt realise anythign was out of place, stopped me from making my order though
I'm guessing because all their stock is fragmented in various shops across the country rather than one warehouse.
Yeah this was a discussion a few weeks ago, people used to buy loads of games at once for a cheap delivery cost, but you can’t do that now.
Original Poster
Cool, as least i now know it's not a glitch, but a change of policy.
Went back and ordered just one game which is difficult to get hold of, will source others i wanted either instore or elsewhere.
Guess that will be the same for most people and they will have a sudden drop in value of web sales.

Thanks all
Edited by: "saintscouple" 16th Dec 2017
Well that's put me off ordering from them anymore.

I must admit I'm not surprised though, I often used to order 10 items or so and only paid one delivery charge, then they would all turn up separately which must have cost them more than they made.
I still find them far too cheap on some things for me to not offer from them
Original Poster
32771521-Hor7H.jpgConfirmation
That can get expensive, if you buy a lot of small games, they will lose alot of business, delivery should be capped.
lolly201227 m ago

That can get expensive, if you buy a lot of small games, they will lose …That can get expensive, if you buy a lot of small games, they will lose alot of business, delivery should be capped.

Is it; when you reach £30.00 (or more) total order value.
This is bad news for CEX i believe
Did they not charge 1.50 per item last December?

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Merchants