Expired

Cex faulty hard drive refund/exchange without receipt

Found 28th Jul 2013
I bought a hard drive from CEX about 2 or 3 months ago, and a couple of weeks ago it failed on me and has bad sectors. I have been searching for the receipt but no avail. So I was wondering if I could find it on my bank statement and they could exchange it for me without the receipt? Thanks.

12 Comments

They don't exchange products WITH receipts usually.

Original Poster

jamierichardson129

They don't exchange products WITH receipts usually.

I read a post in another forum and apparently the products you bought using your CEX card is listing on their database. That coupled with a bank statement, should surely get me an exchange. 3 months for an over priced hard drive is just not enough.

items will have a bar code on them from cex

I bought a phone from them with an intermittent fault.Returned it the next day and was told I was not due a exchange/refund as the product was tested when it was first sold to them.They did offer to buy the faulty phone back for £50 less than I bought it for.Trading standards told me I would have to pay to get the phone independently tested before I could do anything.

Original Poster

jamierichardson129

I bought a phone from them with an intermittent fault.Returned it the … I bought a phone from them with an intermittent fault.Returned it the next day and was told I was not due a exchange/refund as the product was tested when it was first sold to them.They did offer to buy the faulty phone back for £50 less than I bought it for.Trading standards told me I would have to pay to get the phone independently tested before I could do anything.

So they test the items before purchase...but give 12 months warranty? What would be the point on offering warranty?

makes you trust in buying their products.I wont ever be shopping there again.

Original Poster

jamierichardson129

makes you trust in buying their products.I wont ever be shopping there … makes you trust in buying their products.I wont ever be shopping there again.

This is not the first time their hard drives has failed on me. Will only buy new from now I think.

I refuse to buy anything from them. Just sell.

Captainbeavus

I refuse to buy anything from them. Just sell.

Good for you

Shops dont have to issue a receipt so therefore you are not required to show one, any proof of purchase such as a bank/credit card statement is sufficient proof. If they give you any problems contact the CAB.

cex should/do record the serial number when a item is sold so they should be able to see who brought it and when
so just go in and tell them the problem and get them to run hd tune on it from there test bench if its faulty they should replace with another instore if they have it if not order one from another store and if it cant be replaced they should give you a voucher

Original Poster

mjfaderway

cex should/do record the serial number when a item is sold so they should … cex should/do record the serial number when a item is sold so they should be able to see who brought it and when so just go in and tell them the problem and get them to run hd tune on it from there test bench if its faulty they should replace with another instore if they have it if not order one from another store and if it cant be replaced they should give you a voucher

Yay, they scanned my card and were able to date back to the purchase and replace it with another, just a matter of time before this one goes, I guess haha.

Thanks for all your answers.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions