Posted 27th Dec 2021 (Posted 19 h, 28 m ago)
Is there any way I can get free delivery from CeX?

Ta
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment
14 Comments
  1. Avatar
    Not for items priced under £100, no. For an item (not order) priced over £100, yes.

46550421_1.jpg
    Edited by: "Haircut_100" 19 h, 10 m ago
  2. Avatar
    Author
    Haircut_10027/12/2021 22:45

Not for items priced under £100, no. For an item (not order) priced over …Not for items priced under £100, no. For an item (not order) priced over £100, yes.[Image]

That's pants. I know it's only £1.95 but I despise paying for delivery anywhere.
  3. Avatar
    Kieran_Wildsmith27/12/2021 23:01

That's pants. I know it's only £1.95 but I despise paying for delivery …That's pants. I know it's only £1.95 but I despise paying for delivery anywhere.

They stopped free P&P as it was costing them a fortune - sadly I never took advantage of it. It is a per item P&P as well so it doesn't matter how many items you order if they are under £100 you pay separate P&P (IIRC it used to be £30?).
    I have cancelled many an order due to the P&P charges being more than the items are worth! They also cancelled my last order as the item was not in stock!
  4. Avatar

That's pants. I know it's only £1.95 but I despise paying for delivery …That's pants. I know it's only £1.95 but I despise paying for delivery anywhere.

You can do free click and collect if your local store has the item in stock but you'll have to pick it up of course
  5. Avatar

I know where you're coming from, to be honest it's because we've been conditioned to get free postage, £1.95 isn't bad in all fairness, although I wish they did a sliding scale on multiple items.
  6. Avatar
    Author
    Kb3228/12/2021 00:34

You can do free click and collect if your local store has the item in …You can do free click and collect if your local store has the item in stock but you'll have to pick it up of course

To be fair, it will probably cost me £1.95 in diesel to click and collect
  7. Avatar
    People don't like paying for delivery yet are first to complain when there's a problem with their delivery.
  8. Avatar
    Author
    Fitzherbert_Carruthers28/12/2021 10:44

People don't like paying for delivery yet are first to complain when …People don't like paying for delivery yet are first to complain when there's a problem with their delivery.

Who's complained about delivery?
  9. Avatar
    £1.95 for under £100 is decent tbh, unlike GAME who charge you £10 to deliver your new £450 console.
  10. Avatar
    I don't mind paying the £1.95 if what you're buying still works out cheap.
  11. Avatar
    oli_1_uk28/12/2021 03:45

I know where you're coming from, to be honest it's because we've been …I know where you're coming from, to be honest it's because we've been conditioned to get free postage, £1.95 isn't bad in all fairness, although I wish they did a sliding scale on multiple items.

The reason why they have done it this way is because online orders don't come from a centralised warehouse - every item is directly fulfilled from store stock. For example, even if you order 2 DVDs at the same time, 1 will be posted from store A and the other will be posted from store B.
  12. Avatar
    jamie1528/12/2021 17:21

The reason why they have done it this way is because online orders don't …The reason why they have done it this way is because online orders don't come from a centralised warehouse - every item is directly fulfilled from store stock. For example, even if you order 2 DVDs at the same time, 1 will be posted from store A and the other will be posted from store B.

oh I see Jamie was just going to have a moan about how they don't combine postage.
  13. Avatar
    jamie1528/12/2021 17:21

The reason why they have done it this way is because online orders don't …The reason why they have done it this way is because online orders don't come from a centralised warehouse - every item is directly fulfilled from store stock. For example, even if you order 2 DVDs at the same time, 1 will be posted from store A and the other will be posted from store B.

Ah ok I didn't realise that, I can see why they charge that way then.
Post a comment
Top Merchants