Groups

Cex going bust/insolvent?

Read this thread on mse, bit of a surprise to be honest:

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/sho…e=1

and then this:

gazettes-online.co.uk/Vie…cex

comments appreciated

13 Comments

im sure this was mentioned the other night, people wondering if they should trade vouchers in asap!

Original Poster

foxymissroxy;2714731

im sure this was mentioned the other night, people wondering if they … im sure this was mentioned the other night, people wondering if they should trade vouchers in asap!

did a search but couldn't find much

grex9101;2714740

did a search but couldn't find much

i did the same and couldnt find it lol:?, but i do remember reading it because there was somebody pondering a ps3 but wanted to hold out for a 80Gig one!

there is certainly a rumour going round.... i have a voucher, might be worth cashing that in asap then?

Original Poster

foxymissroxy;2714766

i did the same and couldnt find it lol:?, but i do remember reading it … i did the same and couldnt find it lol:?, but i do remember reading it because there was somebody pondering a ps3 but wanted to hold out for a 80Gig one!

crikey, i'd stay away from them then!!

it says staff havent been payed since 21/07 i highly doubt that as who would stay if they werent getting payed

I imagine if they are going under there will be some bloomin good deals to be had!!

v2drinkers;2714799

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/219527/cex-stores-in-trouble-time-to-use-c/http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/219619/small-cex-update/

phew im not going mad then :whistling:

the search thing never works good for me :x

Original Poster

foxymissroxy;2714826

phew im not going mad then :whistling:the search thing never works good … phew im not going mad then :whistling:the search thing never works good for me :x

me neither :x

that article on mse had quite a few points which is making me think i should go and spend my voucher now before it isnt worth the paper its printed on!

it's no wonder they're going bust, people trade stuff in because you get a decent rate for them but then if you want to buy something from there, almost everything can be got cheaper and new elsewhere

god I will be laughed at now. I was telling a mate of mine about CEX a while back and to take his stuff there, he said if they paid that type of prices they wont last long. How right he was, also took in a N95 the other day and it was rejected on test because the battery cover spring wasnt catching, I thought they where being picky, maybe it was because they didnt have any money in the till?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…56
      2. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon11
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 391111
      4. win a hamper - orbit homes - kent commuter mag88

See more discussions