CEX Grade A phones?

Posted 3rd Dec
      So bought a grade a iPhone 8 plus. Battery health 89% Apple warranty expired 8/11/18, so its over 2 years old at this stage. I wouldn't call this grade A, Grade A is usually practically new. Would you return this? It was bought as a gift and I don't think it'll be good enough. Doesn't even look Grade A, it has the odd mark blemish.
      Community Updates

Groups

10 Comments
      Forget the age / warranty, consider return if it does not meet the stated description of:
      "A - Mint - These products must be in mint/new condition. The product must be immaculate; if it is not then it is unfortunately not deemed as an A grade. All accessories means everything that would have originally come in the box. These must be official and the same condition as the product. These items also require their original box and inserts."
      uk.support.webuy.com/sup…ms-
      Seems like a staff member has sold it and blagged it as a grade A - return to the store and state the above
      Sounds like a grade B?
      If you take it back I think they'll try fobbing you off with a voucher rather than cash back as well
      Toon_army03/12/2019 20:44

Sounds like a grade B?If you take it back I think they'll try fobbing you …Sounds like a grade B?If you take it back I think they'll try fobbing you off with a voucher rather than cash back as well

I bought online so there are distance selling regulations I guess, also paid via credit card which I think offers protection
      Thanksforthat8103/12/2019 20:45

I bought online so there are distance selling regulations I guess, also …I bought online so there are distance selling regulations I guess, also paid via credit card which I think offers protection

Return it. It’s no hassle. I bought a supposedly A grade MacBook online when it arrived it was more of a C grade! I took it back to my local store and there was no questions asked. In store all they do it take the product from you and set the refund process in motion. The refund doesn’t come from their tills, you are refunded by the web team. Just say you’re not happy with the condition. Make sure it’s returned within 14 days though!

When buying with CEX the key is to buy online and return things in store. I would not chance posting it back as you never know what might happen in transit to your item.

I was also very impressed with their 24 month warranty. I bought a 6 plus a few years back and 18 months in it packed up. Returned to store, no issues, and I was refunded the current selling price for the item as they did not have one to exchange for me. Honestly CEX gets a bad rep sometimes but for the most part it’s been positive for me.

They are hit and miss with products but I’ve had two very very good A grade phones recently in mint condition. It’s the luck of the drawer sometimes but wouldn’t let it put you off.
      Edited by: "frrft" 3rd Dec
      Thanksforthat8103/12/2019 20:45

I bought online so there are distance selling regulations I guess, also …I bought online so there are distance selling regulations I guess, also paid via credit card which I think offers protection

If genuinely NAD there should be (effectively) no cost for you to return; ideally have supplier arrange and directly pay for return courier to avoid you taking responsibility of the return. Or possibly dump at store.
      Seen this on Reddit lol
      CEX seems to be getting worse lately, I've had some kind of problem with stuff I order from them more than half the time it feels, the most recent is when I ordered an A-Grade phone that looked mint until I noticed the screen was slightly lifting off the frame and you could see the backlight bleeding through, I took it straight back to them same day and they said they refuse to take it back because there appeared to be water damage, they sold it to me like that!!!

I resorted to getting a day saver for the bus and just trying traveling around the Midlands trying different CEX stores until one took it back without saying anything,

Last year I had to return 3 different graphics cards to them because one wouldn't allow the system to POST, another had massive artifacting when in games and the third had a dead fan, I have no idea how they are not finding this stuff during even basic tests, but what I also noticed is that they don't seem to care about selling dodgy stuff as the card I returned due to the dead fan ended up sitting in the display window a few days later when I went back to get some games, I could tell it was the card I returned because part of the sticker near the pcie connector was scratched in exactly the same way...

All I can say is when buying from CEX, expect to take them up on their warranty and pray they don't try to shaft you.
      TheYeaBoi04/12/2019 12:08

CEX seems to be getting worse lately, I've had some kind of problem with …CEX seems to be getting worse lately, I've had some kind of problem with stuff I order from them more than half the time it feels, the most recent is when I ordered an A-Grade phone that looked mint until I noticed the screen was slightly lifting off the frame and you could see the backlight bleeding through, I took it straight back to them same day and they said they refuse to take it back because there appeared to be water damage, they sold it to me like that!!!I resorted to getting a day saver for the bus and just trying traveling around the Midlands trying different CEX stores until one took it back without saying anything,Last year I had to return 3 different graphics cards to them because one wouldn't allow the system to POST, another had massive artifacting when in games and the third had a dead fan, I have no idea how they are not finding this stuff during even basic tests, but what I also noticed is that they don't seem to care about selling dodgy stuff as the card I returned due to the dead fan ended up sitting in the display window a few days later when I went back to get some games, I could tell it was the card I returned because part of the sticker near the pcie connector was scratched in exactly the same way...All I can say is when buying from CEX, expect to take them up on their warranty and pray they don't try to shaft you.

I’ve traded and spent thousands with them. When I’ve had returns it’s all been pretty smooth.
      Oneday7704/12/2019 18:57

I’ve traded and spent thousands with them. When I’ve had returns it’s all b …I’ve traded and spent thousands with them. When I’ve had returns it’s all been pretty smooth.

Latest thing I bought from CEX (today) was this 500GB hard drive, dead on arrival... I think I'm just going to stop using them.

Edited by: "TheYeaBoi" 7th Dec
      Post a comment
      @
        Text

Discussions