CEX grading

Found 22nd Oct 2017
I ordered a grade A Sonos play 5 from CEX , received a grubby speaker with marks on the front speaker grill, contacted ‘customer service’ and made them aware of condition and sent photos and suggested either a partial refund to reflect the actual condition or a return at their cost. They point blank refused goodwill payment and told me to return at my cost (no store convenient to take in) as an unwanted item, I took issue with this as don’t see why I should pay to return an item not as described as opposed to unwanted which implies I changed my mind.
anyone have similar experience with CEX ?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
8 Comments

They sent me a 3d bluray with red and blue filters. Luckily it was cheap enough not to bother me. Is it covered by distance selling ?

CEX for you. People should know how much of a con they are. Looking at their mobile phones. They pay half the price of what they sell them for. Talk about daylight robbery.

master1010 h, 14 m ago

CEX for you. People should know how much of a con they are. Looking at …CEX for you. People should know how much of a con they are. Looking at their mobile phones. They pay half the price of what they sell them for. Talk about daylight robbery.

Imagine that, somebody buying something for less than they sell it for...

Original Poster

kester7617 h, 28 m ago

They sent me a 3d bluray with red and blue filters. Luckily it was cheap …They sent me a 3d bluray with red and blue filters. Luckily it was cheap enough not to bother me. Is it covered by distance selling ?

They have said they I can return it but they have indicated that according to the pictures i sent them that the speaker in their view is in mint condition in which case they wont refund the delivery cost, my view is that its not as described ie - mint condition, there are two scuffs (shiny marks) on the top center and left of speaker grill and several points of corrosion of the grill - not so easy to notice on a small picture by noticeable on full size speaker - if I had paid grade B or C price then I could understand their position. I have tried to clean the marks off but they wont budge - the paint finish has been scraped.32297157-AHS1u.jpg
Edited by: "darknoiz" 23rd Oct 2017

Was considering CEX for a freeview recording box I am considering - if that is their definition of grade A then I won't be bothering. I would call that grade B - certainly not grade A.

darknoiz21 m ago

They have said they I can return it but they have indicated that according …They have said they I can return it but they have indicated that according to the pictures i sent them that the speaker in their view is in mint condition in which case they wont refund the delivery cost, my view is that its not as described ie - mint condition, there are two scuffs (shiny marks) on the top center and left of speaker grill and several points of corrosion of the grill - not so easy to notice on a small picture by noticeable on full size speaker - if I had paid grade B or C price then I could understand their position. I have tried to clean the marks off but they wont budge - the paint finish has been scraped.[Image]

If the finish is damaged and it has got damp then it will corrode. I would just return it as you don't know what condition it has been kept in and it will just annoy you and it's a lot of money.

Why do they smell funny , ?

Original Poster

ashmac11 h, 50 m ago

Why do they smell funny , ?

?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions