CEX have the worst customer service ever!

Found 25th Jun 2011
Right then where do i start , One of my order from CEX is now overdue by almost going on 2 weeks but yet they never reply to any emails regarding my delivery and there are no phone numbers for them.
Luckily i paid via paypal so im going to claim my money back that way but has anyone else had any trouble with their orders recently ?
Community Updates
  1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
11 Comments
You're not the first and won't be the last to receive shoddy service from CeX. See the reviews here: hotukdeals.com/rev…cex

I would never recommend buying online unless you're desperate and don't mind waiting an infinite amount of time for your order. And if something is wrong when it arrives, don't expect a speedy returns process! If you go in-store, you can at least check the items over before buying.

Here's the response I had from the following e-mail sent to them 5 days ago:

"This phone was delivered to you more than 7 days ago. Can you please investigate?"

Dear customer,Thank you for contacting us.We have received your order and … Dear customer,Thank you for contacting us.We have received your order and it has been queued for testing. Unfortunately, this is taking a little longer than usual due to an enormous backlog of orders waiting to be tested.We will contact you as soon as the order has been processed.Thank you for your patience.Regards,AngshumanCeX WeCare TeamBuy, Sell, Donatewww.webuy.com

Payment was sent yesterday so looks like payments are taking about 4 weeks in total from the date you send them the goods.
Ive just sold a phone to them it was in excellent condition with only one small mark, was complete with box, all items (unused) and still had the screen saver the phone was bought with and they 'eventually' replied saying it was only a 'c' grade and that i would get no more for my phone. They was very abrupt, i replied to them querying it and 5 days later i got another reply saying that the phone wasnt how i described and was missing items, they ignored the photo i sent showing all the items. Ill never be using them again!
CuteKitty26

Ive just sold a phone to them it was in excellent condition with only one … Ive just sold a phone to them it was in excellent condition with only one small mark, was complete with box, all items (unused) and still had the screen saver the phone was bought with and they 'eventually' replied saying it was only a 'c' grade and that i would get no more for my phone. They was very abrupt, i replied to them querying it and 5 days later i got another reply saying that the phone wasnt how i described and was missing items, they ignored the photo i sent showing all the items. Ill never be using them again!

People just giving up and not taking things further is half the reason that nothing ever gets done about it. You should e-mail Watchdog with a detailed explanation of what happened.
Do you pronounce it C.E.X. or like sex?
Im really tempted to as im STILL waiting for my money, ok there was only £9 difference between the 'b' and 'c' grade but its still £9. I used them once years ago and had no probs but things have really gone down hill, just read the reviews and can easily believe what people are saying!
CuteKitty26

Im really tempted to as im STILL waiting for my money, ok there was only … Im really tempted to as im STILL waiting for my money, ok there was only £9 difference between the 'b' and 'c' grade but its still £9. I used them once years ago and had no probs but things have really gone down hill, just read the reviews and can easily believe what people are saying!

They take the **** with the online buying though, as they will ignore most of your communication or take an age to reply, and make it very difficult for you to get your stuff back. They'll just grade it below what it should be and play on the fact that most people don't need the aggro (and cost) of paying for it back. I wont use them online at all, it's in-store only for me.

sickly sweet

Do you pronounce it C.E.X. or like sex?

When you phone them, it says 'welcome to sex'

(Can't get a human on the phone line, before anyone asks for the number. Just a defunct automated answering service now.)
Edited by: "cookiemonster83" 25th Jun 2011
cookiemonster83

When you phone them, it says 'welcome to sex' :D(Can't get a human on the … When you phone them, it says 'welcome to sex' :D(Can't get a human on the phone line, before anyone asks for the number. Just a defunct automated answering service now.)

lol. Sounds like some chatline message X)
I got ripped off by bloody **** in CEX Huddersfield branch. They kept my broken phone and gave me a receipt and told me that I’m entitled to have a replacement. However, after 40 days, I went back to the store and found out that my phone is missing and they now are denying their own receipe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Screw CEX
I couldn't agree LESS with the scathing comments about customer servce at Cex! On my last half-dozen visits, the staff at Guildford have been unfailingly helpful, courteous, friendly and efficient.

An order I placed at Guildford that was coming from the Perry Bar branch arrived the next day, well exceeding the estimated 2-3 days.
A visit to the Cardiff branch was equally pleasant and productive.

I haven't sold anything at Cex yet but my buying/advice experience has been fabulous!
I emailed them regarding an issue. It has taken 3 weeks for them to tell me to go into Huddersfield Store. I have repeatedly asked for the store phone number and even given my own phone number and asked for a call. They keep telling me to go into store when I think the issue can be resolved without the inconvenience of a morning off work.

Shoddy. Pathetic faceless customer service. Makes me angry.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants