Expired

Cex - How often do they update prices?

Found 17th Apr 2015
as title! is it on a weekly basis or daily? or other?!

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
AskPrice Glitch
12 Comments
Banned
its at 2am everyday, not everything gets done they normally do blu -rays one day, phones another etc.

you then get the odd price drop in the day normally only if you are selling an item when there is a lot of people selling that item ie making a profit on it from a deal that day
Be careful with CEX buying expensive electricals from them as getting your money back if its faulty is like trying to get water from a stone, They always fob you off with a voucher no matter what you say like 'im not shopping in CEX' anymore so a vouchers no good! So you have to buy something with it and sell that to get your cash back but losing half of it in the process as you cant get its full value. I dont recommend them for this reason im using Amazon from now on theyr alot better when something goes wrong.
Moonwolf1976

Be careful with CEX buying expensive electricals from them as getting … Be careful with CEX buying expensive electricals from them as getting your money back if its faulty is like trying to get water from a stone, They always fob you off with a voucher no matter what you say like 'im not shopping in CEX' anymore so a vouchers no good! So you have to buy something with it and sell that to get your cash back but losing half of it in the process as you cant get its full value. I dont recommend them for this reason im using Amazon from now on theyr alot better when something goes wrong.

Dear 'whoever voted me down' if you dont believe me go and buy something then and try to take it back an hour later, im sure you will find i speak the truth and from experience they won't under any circumstances give you your rightfull money back even if you haven't opened or used the product (such as if it was a repeat gift) its all vouchers so they dont lose your money as you have to spend it with them that way. But i thought there were consumer rights they had to abide by, but obviously not in CEX's case. :-)
Moonwolf1976

Dear 'whoever voted me down' if you dont believe me go and buy something … Dear 'whoever voted me down' if you dont believe me go and buy something then and try to take it back an hour later, im sure you will find i speak the truth and from experience they won't under any circumstances give you your rightfull money back even if you haven't opened or used the product (such as if it was a repeat gift) its all vouchers so they dont lose your money as you have to spend it with them that way. But i thought there were consumer rights they had to abide by, but obviously not in CEX's case. :-)

I voted you back up as have heard the same thing. their prices for most electricals aren't that competitive anyway, although obviously you can find the occasionally well priced item. like an ereader for £20.
I think that may depend on stores? I brought an xbox 360 pad an it didn't work!! took it back the next day an got a full refund,
cokezone1112

its at 2am everyday, not everything gets done they normally do blu -rays … its at 2am everyday, not everything gets done they normally do blu -rays one day, phones another etc.

Spot on. Then yes, they also have a proactive pricing team (I think its in India) who monitor traffic/purchases/sells/other online store sales etc.

Also, for anyone claiming the CEX warranty is nonsense - id massively disagree. Its your legal right, so if they're refusing you - I dare say you're approaching it wrong/annoying them.

Everything comes with a 12 month warranty which will, if broken (they have to test) will result in a full refund to the original payment method.

They will offer you credit, obviously, but if you're not a total douche about it - they will of course off you your original payment method.

Its your legal right.

You can also refund to any CEX store, so if you've (perhaps) burnt your bridges in your local (as they can keep notes on the system about you) then I would try elsewhere.

CEX are as nice to you as you are to them. IMHO.
Moonwolf1976

if you dont believe me go and buy something then and try to take it back … if you dont believe me go and buy something then and try to take it back an hour later, im sure you will find i speak the truth

They offer a 48 hour "No quibble" guarantee, so if you go back an hour later - they will refund it without issue.

Moonwolf1976

...even if you haven't opened or used the product

If you buy a product marked as sealed (Which would be a "(S)" in their system title - and receipt) then yes, it has to be sealed when you return it.

*ANY* other unsealed product, if you change your mind after 48 hours - you'll get a full refund on original payment method.

After 48 hours, if it develops a fault within the year - and they test and find the same result - its a full refund on original payment method.
Banned
Silhouette

(I think its in India) CEX are as nice to you as you are to them. IMHO.

Yeah its India isnt it, thank god the selling team haven't been sent out there yet as i still do all my trading online and not instore

Edited by: "cokezone1112" 17th Apr 2015
Moonwolf1976

if you dont believe me go and buy something then and try to take it back … if you dont believe me go and buy something then and try to take it back an hour later, im sure you will find i speak the truth

Moonwolf1976

...even if you haven't opened or used the product

Well they cant all be following the rules then because iv experienced different more than once and im not alone. Once they have your cash they hold on to it with an iron like grip!
But its not within their interest to do so. Unless you're dealing with a franchise store - and they're having a hard time... But theres lots of ifs and buts there.

But corporate stores - could not care less. They are paid to follow the rules - not protect the owners profit lines!
to be honest, I wouldn't be buying electrical goods from them, their prices have tended to be more expensive than similar stores, especially with consoles and accessories.
i sell mostly faulty stuff even though they give low price but ya for me they are scrap yard.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants