Cex increase the price on nearly all of their Gamecube games

Found 12th May 2015
In most cases by £5 an item. Last time they increased prices was in 2013. Bad news for Gamecube collectors as these were the prices keeping eBay prices down. They'll charge more now.

Things to note-
--This was the only affordable place to buy Fire Emblem Path of Radiance. Even increasing the price to £70, they are still the cheapest available.
--Tales of Symphonia, Animal Crossing and Resident Evil have decreased in price, but they were too expensive anyway.
--Bad choice on Harvest Moon, Pikmin 2, Luigi's Mansion. Pricing is now far too high for them.
--Their trade is price for some are abysmal. Do you have LoZ WW (with bonus disc). We'll buy it for £5 and sell it for £25!!! Do you have Starfox Assualt or LoZ Four Swords Adventure? We'll buy it for £3 and sell it for £18!!!

List of offenders below:

Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
Was £25 Now £70

LoZ Twilight Princess
Was £48 Now £55

Pokemon Gale of Darkness
Was £35 Now £40

Chibi Robo
Was £30 Now £38

Paper Mario
Was £30 Now £35

Tales of Symphonia
Was £35 Now £32

Mario Baseball
Was £25 Now £30

Super Smash Bros Melee
Was £25 Now £28

Pikmin 2
Was £25 Now £28

Zelda Wind Waker (Bonus Disc)
Was £18 Now £25

Baten Kaitos
Was £18 Now £25

Kirby Air Ride
Was £18 Now £22

Ikaruga
Was £15 Now £20

F-Zero GX
Was £15 Now £20

LoZ Wind Waker (one disc)
Was £15 Now £20

Luigi's Mansion
Was £15 Now £18

Zelda Four Swords
Was £15 Now £18

Starfox Assualt
Was £12 Now £18

Resident Evil 2
Was £15 Now £18

Resident Evil 3
Was £15 Now £18

Harvest Moon
Was £10 Now £15

Phantasy Star Online
Was £10 Now £15

Eternal Darkness
Was £10 Now £15

Super Mario Sunshine
Was £12 Now £15

Mario Party 5
Was £10 Now £15

Mario Party 4
Was £12 Now £15

Animal Crossing
Was £18 Now £15

Beyond Good and Evil
Was £10 Now £12

Metroid Prime
Was £8 Now £12

Metroid Prime 2: Echos
Was £6 Now £12

Final Fantasy Crysal Chronicles
Was £6 Now £10

Resident Evil
Was £10 Now £7

Screw Cex

22 Comments

They've recently been increasing prices for things by quite a bit. Take Fifa 14 on PS4, it hit £4 at one stage and now they want £8. I only buy games when I've completed the ones I have and they are going cheap, but I guess Fifa is off the cards now.

some dropped
not all bad

why would they not go up though? surely 'retro' can really only go up really when its actually old enough?
Edited by: "brilly" 12th May 2015

metro redux is now £12 trade in. think ill take advantage

That is the rules of supply and demand.

Havince

metro redux is now £12 trade in. think ill take advantage

That's not bad considering new it's £14.99 on PS4 at Base and £15.95 on XB1 at Game Collection, so pretty cheap gaming if you can blast through it.

I don't mind paying for Gamecube games as there were a few good ones but I won't get them from Cex, nearly always missing booklets and scratched discs.

Problem with Game Cube games is keeping them in good condition the discs are terrible for scratching.

haritori

Problem with Game Cube games is keeping them in good condition the discs … Problem with Game Cube games is keeping them in good condition the discs are terrible for scratching.

oO what are you doing using them as coasters?

I already have all the gamecube games I wanted except chibi robo but I don't buy used games so meh.

Original Poster

Steve Mac

I don't mind paying for Gamecube games as there were a few good ones but … I don't mind paying for Gamecube games as there were a few good ones but I won't get them from Cex, nearly always missing booklets and scratched discs.

With DVDs I would agree with you. I've bought like 8 Gamecube games from Cex in the last three months (latecomer to the party ) and all of them came with booklets and are working. I bought Mario Party 7 on Friday and it came this morning in flawless condition with the Club Nintendo Code unscratched.

moose109

They've recently been increasing prices for things by quite a bit. Take … They've recently been increasing prices for things by quite a bit. Take Fifa 14 on PS4, it hit £4 at one stage and now they want £8. I only buy games when I've completed the ones I have and they are going cheap, but I guess Fifa is off the cards now.

Fifa14 is £4.99 at game preowned if interested
game.co.uk/en/…ry=

dealsolver2014

Fifa14 is £4.99 at game preowned if … Fifa14 is £4.99 at game preowned if interestedhttp://www.game.co.uk/en/m/fifa-14-230251?pageSize=40&errorViewName=mProductDisplayErrorView&searchTerm=Fifa%2014&top_category=

Oh yes and free delivery too lol

ShadowWarrior241

With DVDs I would agree with you. I've bought like 8 Gamecube games from … With DVDs I would agree with you. I've bought like 8 Gamecube games from Cex in the last three months (latecomer to the party ) and all of them came with booklets and are working. I bought Mario Party 7 on Friday and it came this morning in flawless condition with the Club Nintendo Code unscratched.

Lucky!!! Any game I've ever bought from them is always missing the booklet, nomatter what console and how old the game. The CEX's near me must be collecting the booklets for some evil plan...

if you order online and the order is wrong or damaged can you exchange item in the shop with online invoice or do i have to send item back and wait for refund or product changed.

Cex must love me as I bought 5 games and two of them had two booklets each

traded in metro last night. i got stuck on LAST LIGHT was trapped outside with no filters and kept dying so had no way i could progress lol

Banned

Tom tom prices gone up

I've still got a sealed copy of Twilight Princess Gamecube. Selling for £150 every so often.

As for gamecube prices going up, possibly due to the Wii U/Wii family edition getting unofficial support, although they can't read the disks, you could rip them on PC onto a HDD for it.

Sold all mine a few years back for about a tenner a title, kept the Wavebirds though for the Wii.

The Zelda ones are slightly annoying mind, assumed the collector's edition was actually quite common. That said, I think I got about £30 back at the time for Zelda WW and the Zelda collection.

Edited by: "Bossworld" 14th May 2015

Why don't nintendo make the Wii U worth owning and release their entire back catalogue for it.

Original Poster

The prices have gotten a lot worse recently...

Although I did order this yesterday:
http://i.imgur.com/rmRYyoa.png

oO

The prices have gotten a lot worse recently... Although I did order this … The prices have gotten a lot worse recently... Although I did order this yesterday:oO

You know that will probably be a third party composite cable or such...

Original Poster

You know that will probably be a third party composite cable or such...

It'll be interesting to see what will come. The listing has a picture of the component cable so I'm staying optimistic.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants