Expired

CEX issue

Found 7th Jun 2014
Hello all,

I have an issue that I would like other people's opinion on.

I bought an Xbox 360 console from CEX under 12 months ago, and went to trade it in today for something new. Unfortunately, it failed the test as the eject button was "apparantely temperamental". (I will have a look again tonight!).

Since I have been.back at home, I thought WARRANTY! However, I can't find the receipt, so must have thrown it away. My CEX membership card was scanned when I bought the console, so do they keep a record of purchases does anybody know?

What should I do? I checked the console the other day and it was working fine. Should I just stick it on eBay or HUKD and give up with the CEX idea?

What are your opinions?

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
You do not necessarily need the original receipt as proof of purchase. Did you pay using a debit card? If so, you could get a print out of the transaction from your bank and use it as your proof of purchase.
Edited by: "Grill" 7th Jun 2014
They don't seem to keep anything on file with the membership card.

Had a £18 trade in receipt lost. I could only get a new one if I had the receipt that had either the trade in amount or the transaction I made on the day (my items for their store credit).
Nothing was kept on file, even though the receipt was in my name.

Found the receipt last week after a year and a half of being stored in a draw. >
they told me today that the membership card stores an e copy of your receipt. ....
I was told that it didn't matter if I had my receipt in case of a fault as the membership card had all of the details of the sale registered on my account
You don't need anything mate its all done on the console serial number. I brought a iphone off them and when it was blocked I took it back after they serial searched it I was given a refund to the current selling price on voucher

hope that helps
Original Poster
Thanks everyone. Do you think I should be cautious when I go back in? They may get a bit suspicious as its the same console they tested.
No, why would you be cautious? They offer 12 months warranty you have in issue within 12 months.
Original Poster
AndrewRoss

No, why would you be cautious? They offer 12 months warranty you have in … No, why would you be cautious? They offer 12 months warranty you have in issue within 12 months.

You're right, just me being a bit paranoid. I'll probably call them in the morning, as it costs about a tenner in fuel just to get there and back.
Cex don't have any contact numbers unfortunately your out of luck with that but take it in with your membership card book it in again if it fails mention to them about getting it from there
Eden0032

You're right, just me being a bit paranoid. I'll probably call them in … You're right, just me being a bit paranoid. I'll probably call them in the morning, as it costs about a tenner in fuel just to get there and back.

Leave your helicopter at home and travel like everyone else.
Original Poster
NEtech

Leave your helicopter at home and travel like everyone else.

What are you on about?
Original Poster
bluedan87

Cex don't have any contact numbers unfortunately your out of luck with … Cex don't have any contact numbers unfortunately your out of luck with that but take it in with your membership card book it in again if it fails mention to them about getting it from there

Thanks. I've kind of realised that they don't like giving out their phone numbers.
deiseaj058

they told me today that the membership card stores an e copy of your … they told me today that the membership card stores an e copy of your receipt. ....

Really? The member of staff gave me false information then. Wouldn't be the first time that CEX has given out incorrect information to me.... -_-
kos1c

Really? The member of staff gave me false information then. Wouldn't be … Really? The member of staff gave me false information then. Wouldn't be the first time that CEX has given out incorrect information to me.... -_-

CEX don't store proof of purchases/receipts on their system, you don't need a membership to buy from them.
GoatzRus

CEX don't store proof of purchases/receipts on their system, you don't … CEX don't store proof of purchases/receipts on their system, you don't need a membership to buy from them.

That's what they had told me, to get a replacement voucher I would need to either have the original trade in receipt, or find the voucher.

But it seems a few others above were told other information with the membership card (keyring card) having a stored receipt on it. Which I don't know if true or not, I doubt it was true, or the member of staff would've done a better job in sorting my lost voucher out at the time.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions