CEX membership

Posted 8th Apr 2019
Theoretically speaking here.

If someone has their membership banned what’s the likelihood of being able to get away using a family members membership? As in... when they scan the card do they see the date of birth or anything which could possibly give you away?

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
Make one online, it will take nearly a week to get paid tho.
I’m interested to know why this person is banned :/ what can you possibly do to get cex(whose customer service is shocking) to ban someone.
Selling a reported stolen phone is one of the reason they ban.
No idea what OP ban is for.
GRSC38 m ago

I’m interested to know why this person is banned :/ what can you p …I’m interested to know why this person is banned :/ what can you possibly do to get cex(whose customer service is shocking) to ban someone.

Could be because he is bulk selling games and maybe phones.

hotukdeals.com/dis…672
Edited by: "NCIS" 8th Apr 2019
Depends on store I guess, some branches ask for ID but most don't.
GRSC08/04/2019 15:20

I’m interested to know why this person is banned :/ what can you p …I’m interested to know why this person is banned :/ what can you possibly do to get cex(whose customer service is shocking) to ban someone.

He sold a bunch of console accessories that he bought from Ebay. The listing said it was genuine but after a month the staff told him he will need to buy them all back (£100 worth) to have his membership unbanned. Needless to say he’d rather not pay it back since it’s not technically his fault.
Misslovely5 h, 34 m ago

Make one online, it will take nearly a week to get paid tho.

Yup though it’s a week long wait. He’s a flipper so time for him is money.
DragonX08/04/2019 20:43

He sold a bunch of console accessories that he bought from Ebay. The …He sold a bunch of console accessories that he bought from Ebay. The listing said it was genuine but after a month the staff told him he will need to buy them all back (£100 worth) to have his membership unbanned. Needless to say he’d rather not pay it back since it’s not technically his fault.

If they are fake, could he not raise this with eBay and get a refund?
GRSC08/04/2019 20:45

If they are fake, could he not raise this with eBay and get a refund?

Probably paid way less than £100 at a guess
Oneday777 m ago

Probably paid way less than £100 at a guess

Aye probably, I’d still go down the route of a refund through eBay.
Sounds like he may use cex quite a lot and burning bridges with them for less than £100 profit doesn’t seem worth it.
deleted254180
Screw paying it back just get a mate to go in
deleted25418008/04/2019 21:10

Screw paying it back just get a mate to go in

You can't expect a mate to do a lot of trading for you. Sometimes you got to drop off stuff at the shop and come back 45-90 mins later after they test it. If you're going in i.e twice a week, he'll tell you to fk off, and tell you to do it yourself, lol. Unless he's really simple, then you can.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 8th Apr 2019
DragonX08/04/2019 20:43

He sold a bunch of console accessories that he bought from Ebay. The …He sold a bunch of console accessories that he bought from Ebay. The listing said it was genuine but after a month the staff told him he will need to buy them all back (£100 worth) to have his membership unbanned. Needless to say he’d rather not pay it back since it’s not technically his fault.

That doesn't sound fair. They have the time to test and check items at the counter. For hardware they can take hours going through it.

As soon as they purchase an item they agree they want the goods for X amount. If the item is fake, it's their fault and not the sellers. As above, they had the chance to inspect it (it's one of their job roles to inspect the goods for grading).

But being their ruling over yours. It's unlikely to be solved.

I'd personally look into other areas to sell your goods too (shpock, Facebook etc) or do as someone else suggested and ask for a friend to sell to them.

Using someone else's account will only get you store credit, you need photo i.d to sell for cash (if I recall).

Edit;

A few areas near me have these other second hand shops that compete with cex. Pay £1 more in store credit or cash over what cex offer. They also sell their goods £1 less than cex.

Their independent 2nd hand shops from the looks of things.

Maybe there's a store like that near you?
Edited by: "kos1c" 9th Apr 2019
kos1c09/04/2019 00:22

That doesn't sound fair. They have the time to test and check items at the …That doesn't sound fair. They have the time to test and check items at the counter. For hardware they can take hours going through it. As soon as they purchase an item they agree they want the goods for X amount. If the item is fake, it's their fault and not the sellers. As above, they had the chance to inspect it (it's one of their job roles to inspect the goods for grading). But being their ruling over yours. It's unlikely to be solved. I'd personally look into other areas to sell your goods too (shpock, Facebook etc) or do as someone else suggested and ask for a friend to sell to them. Using someone else's account will only get you store credit, you need photo i.d to sell for cash (if I recall).Edit; A few areas near me have these other second hand shops that compete with cex. Pay £1 more in store credit or cash over what cex offer. They also sell their goods £1 less than cex. Their independent 2nd hand shops from the looks of things. Maybe there's a store like that near you?

Yeah he has a few but apparently they don’t accept things he tends to sell for some reason. They only accept things like well known smartphones or console games.

And yeh you need photo ID to have your account verified to be able to sell for cash but once it’s verified you can sell without having to re verify it. So was just wondering if he can let’s say use my membership without getting caught. Like we have a bit of a gap in ages so don’t know if your date of birth shows up in the system when you sell? Or anything that can be used to “blow his cover “ etc
DragonX1 h, 2 m ago

Yeah he has a few but apparently they don’t accept things he tends to sell …Yeah he has a few but apparently they don’t accept things he tends to sell for some reason. They only accept things like well known smartphones or console games.And yeh you need photo ID to have your account verified to be able to sell for cash but once it’s verified you can sell without having to re verify it. So was just wondering if he can let’s say use my membership without getting caught. Like we have a bit of a gap in ages so don’t know if your date of birth shows up in the system when you sell? Or anything that can be used to “blow his cover “ etc

Sadly I couldn't really give advise. As when I sell for cash I'm often, if not always asked for my photo i.d.

So I couldn't say if that'll count or not. Could try it, but just use the excuse that you don't have the i.d on you and the worst case is they say "no sorry."
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants