CEX online

Found 8th Jan 2012
Looking for a blu ray boxset and it's cheaper from cex but no stores near me have any stock but they are showing as having stock online.

Do they actually have a warehouse that despatches their online orders or is it a case like some companies that show online stock that just send the order to one of their stores that has stock so they can send it out?

Never used cex online but have heard they are not the quickest at despatching stuff and any problems then their customer service isn't great which is off putting but tempted to take a punt seeing that they are the cheapest
Community Updates
Misc
8 Comments
Stock is allocated and despatched from stores, Hence the delays in posting at times.
ScrewYou

Stock is allocated and despatched from stores, Hence the delays in … Stock is allocated and despatched from stores, Hence the delays in posting at times.

Are you sure that's correct? If it was, surely every item that was in stock somewhere would be available to buy online?
Edited by: "cookiemonster83" 8th Jan 2012
A CEX employee advised me never to buy from their online store as they send out the worst condition goods first. What he recommended was to go to a store and order the product in, then you can at least check it before purchase. Hope that helps.
ScrewYou

Stock is allocated and despatched from stores, Hence the delays in … Stock is allocated and despatched from stores, Hence the delays in posting at times.

Cex T&C's

Are the quantities available to buy online live?Yes, however please be … Are the quantities available to buy online live?Yes, however please be aware that occasionally, particularly on items where there is a single item of stock available, there may be a situation when the item is purchased within the store moments before it has been allocated to our online customers. These are situations beyond our control and we will notify you if this happens immediately.

Not 100% sure how there system works but i do know they hold most of their online stock in stores.

Original Poster
toberemembered

A CEX employee advised me never to buy from their online store as they … A CEX employee advised me never to buy from their online store as they send out the worst condition goods first. What he recommended was to go to a store and order the product in, then you can at least check it before purchase. Hope that helps.

Thanks, might take a punt and order online as at least with it being a blu ray the discs are more hard wearing than DVDs but depends if the packaging is in good condition of the boxset.

Unfortunatly my local store isn't that great as I have asked in the past if they could order an item to be sent to my local and said they haven't got the time and they are more focused on selling their own stock rather than another stores
ScrewYou

Not 100% sure how there system works but i do know they hold most of … Not 100% sure how there system works but i do know they hold most of their online stock in stores.

They must have a separate place where they keep online stock, which is where I presume they receive all the stock sent to them in the post. I imagine it's a mixture of both. I'll never buy from them online again but would be happy to pick one up for the OP if they have it in stock at either of the Croydon stores, just pay me the price + postage
Would pick it up too if they have stock near me, (wolverhampton/ walsall). Proably cheaper than their postage too
My girlfriend had a nightmare with CEX and ordering a DS from them. Put me off using anything other than the stores.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants