Expired

CeX online have sent me the wrong item, what can I do?

Found 7th May 2014
Hi all,

I order a "Wii U GamePad White" (item uk.webuy.com/pro…php?sku=045496321GPA#.U2oeXV403dp) from CeX before the bank hols, for £47.50.

As every Wii U owner knows, The "Gamepad" is clearly the item with the screen (they sell the black one for £70! so it figures they should do too!?) but i have instead received a Wii U Pro Controller in White (with no box! or even cable to charge it!?)

Clearly they have bought in a Pro Controller as a Gamepad and thats how I was able to buy it online, I cant see a weight on the parcel (its RMSD) but surely they have the weight their end to verify the wrong item was sent? What a mess!

Thanks all!

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
12 Comments

Hmm, it seems that it has not been described accurately. You will need to contact them by message and explain the situation. They has no contact number sadly!

Also, if you want to speed things up, contact the m on their Facebook page as well - that worked for me.

Be warned though, I have had many poor experiences with them as others have too!
Edited by: "joshp" 7th May 2014

email cex will prob take ages

They can't even argue anything as they have a seperate listing for the controller for £22, so clearly what you have been sent is wrong, but like others have said its facebook or email and wait im afraid..

Wii U Pro Controller White
Gaming / Wii U Accessories
WeSell for £22.00

Original Poster

Thanks good people, ill try the FB route.

However the plot thickens.. I saw on my online invoice what looked like a serial (I know they record serials as when i bought the black Pro Controller in store, they took it down) Well THIS one has NO sticker on the back (removed) or any identifying numbers.
Unbelievable, I will not let this lie!

hopefully you had the sense to pay by credit card?

contact them... if they dont cooperate... contact your bank !

OMG this happened to me

no telephone number to contact, had to do it via email
no reply
i seriously got annoyed
in the time wasted the product i bought dropped in price

in the end i took them to *court* 9 i paid via paypal and raised a case against them
this was noticed almost immidiately, they sent a envelope out for me to send the original back
and i got the game after over a month

i would never ever recommend anyone to use cex online, however the stores are brilliant

Original Poster

Lucifer_UK

hopefully you had the sense to pay by credit card?contact them... if they … hopefully you had the sense to pay by credit card?contact them... if they dont cooperate... contact your bank !

Paypal, already started a wrong item despute, I wouldnt mind the mistake but no serial and no phone number, what was I thinking?!

Original Poster

MML

OMG this happened to meno telephone number to contact, had to do it via … OMG this happened to meno telephone number to contact, had to do it via emailno replyi seriously got annoyedin the time wasted the product i bought dropped in pricein the end i took them to *court* 9 i paid via paypal and raised a case against themthis was noticed almost immidiately, they sent a envelope out for me to send the original backand i got the game after over a monthi would never ever recommend anyone to use cex online, however the stores are brilliant

Blimey, I will do the same if needed, I am so disappointed as my local store staff are brilliant.

SpideyPunk

Blimey, I will do the same if needed, I am so disappointed as my local … Blimey, I will do the same if needed, I am so disappointed as my local store staff are brilliant.

EXACTLY!!!! we use the local store all the time, however on that very one occasion we ( me and my husband only have one day off a week- tuesday) was busy
my husband was desperate for the game, as he had completed the first episode, so we thought buy online, easy

my god, it was the worse online service EVER experienced

we still do use cex, but never in my life would i use online cex again, if we're desperate we will wait to go in store

good luck

keep us updated on what happens

Distance selling regulations apply to second hand goods as well as new items so you have 7 working days from the day after you have received the item to notify the seller of your desire to return the item for any reason. As the wrong item has been sent the seller is also responsible to arrange collection and pay postage.

Original Poster

ZaphodBeeblebrox

Distance selling regulations apply to second hand goods as well as new … Distance selling regulations apply to second hand goods as well as new items so you have 7 working days from the day after you have received the item to notify the seller of your desire to return the item for any reason. As the wrong item has been sent the seller is also responsible to arrange collection and pay postage.

Thanks I will remind them of that if they ever contact me, 10 hours since I emailed now! Rubbish!

The most annoying thing for me is that I walked into the wigan cex store last week and asked them to order in the white wii u pro controller so I can buy it from store. They confirmed that the shop where it was wasn't a franchise shop so they could have them send it to the wigan shop. There was only one online at the time. He took my number and said he would phone me when it comes into store. ..

No phone call now it looks like you have randomly received the item I was originally trying to get hold of!!!!! LOL!!!!!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions