Cex payment problems

Posted 9th May
Hi guys, hoping someone on here can help.

I sold an item earlier this week, received an email midday Tuesday saying payment has been sent via bank transfer which takes 1 working day.

It's Saturday now and still nothing in my account, I contacted Cex who told me to contact my bank.
My bank have said there is nothing pending and they cannot confirm if any payment has been sent as they are the receiver bank.

Just wanted to ask if anyone has had any similar issues and what are my rights in this situation?
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
Have you sent them the correct details? Any wrong digit will stop you getting the money
Arto09/05/2020 13:37

Have you sent them the correct details? Any wrong digit will stop you …Have you sent them the correct details? Any wrong digit will stop you getting the money

Thanks for your response.

Yes definitely the correct details, I have sold to them in the past using the same details without any issues.

I have not changed the details or changed banks so I have no idea what has gone wrong.
Kb3209/05/2020 13:40

Thanks for your response.Yes definitely the correct details, I have sold …Thanks for your response.Yes definitely the correct details, I have sold to them in the past using the same details without any issues.I have not changed the details or changed banks so I have no idea what has gone wrong.

You just need to send CeX proof that the bank account that they were supposed to send it to hasn’t received it.
JohnnyRoller09/05/2020 13:54

You just need to send CeX proof that the bank account that they were …You just need to send CeX proof that the bank account that they were supposed to send it to hasn’t received it.

Thanks, I will do that at some point. I was thinking they should know if the payment has gone through as it would have gone out of their account by now.

I have already contacted Cex about it and they just said contact your bank which I found a bit concerning as they didn't seem too bothered about looking into it.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem too.
How have you already had an email with payment I sent an item April 24th heard nothing
Justsuperman09/05/2020 14:24

How have you already had an email with payment I sent an item April 24th …How have you already had an email with payment I sent an item April 24th heard nothing

Sorry let me clarify I sent it on the 17th April but they only just confirmed earlier this week the item has been tested and payment sent.
Took over 2 weeks to test but I still don't have the payment yet anyway.
Edited by: "Kb32" 9th May
Kb3209/05/2020 14:29

Sorry let me clarify I sent it on the 17th April but they only just …Sorry let me clarify I sent it on the 17th April but they only just confirmed earlier this week the item has been tested and payment sent.Took over 2 weeks but still don't have the payment yet anyway.

Ok, get you hmmm bit strange I know Friday was a bank holiday
When did you recieve the email about the payment being processed, has it been over 5-7 working days
Justsuperman09/05/2020 14:30

Ok, get you hmmm bit strange I know Friday was a bank holiday

Yes true I wasn't expecting the payment on Friday tbh.

They sent the payment on Tuesday midday via bank transfer usually clears with 1 day, sometimes less.

So after I received nothing by the end of Thursday I decided to contact them but they told me to contact my bank who are now telling me to contact Cex!
19DembaBa1909/05/2020 14:31

When did you recieve the email about the payment being processed, has it …When did you recieve the email about the payment being processed, has it been over 5-7 working days

No, I would say 3 and a half working days. But with Friday being a bank holiday it's more like 2 and a half.

I believe Cex send payments via bank transfer which is much quicker sometimes just a few hours.
So it shouldn't take 5-7 working days which is why I am a bit concerned, It's a £300+ payment too.
Edited by: "Kb32" 9th May
I had an issue before in 2016 with payment not showing up. They issued it on a Thursday and by end of Friday there will still nothing.

They told me to wait another 2-3 days as a bank transfer can takes up to 5 working days, even though it says within 1 working day on their website.

I thought bank transfers were all instant too so no idea why they told me to wait but sure enough the following Tuesday it was there. Since then when I've sold with them the money usually shows up next day.

As Friday was a bank holiday, I'd wait until at least Tuesday before chasing anyone.
Edited by: "McShane1" 9th May
McShane109/05/2020 15:58

I had an issue before in 2016 with payment not showing up. They issued it …I had an issue before in 2016 with payment not showing up. They issued it on a Thursday and by end of Friday there will still nothing. They told me to wait another 2-3 days as a bank transfer can takes up to 5 working days, even though it says within 1 working day on their website. I thought bank transfers were all instant too so no idea why they told me to wait but sure enough the following Tuesday it was there. Since then when I've sold with them the money usually shows up next day.As Friday was a bank holiday, I'd wait until at least Tuesday before chasing anyone.

Thanks for the reply.

I can only assume they have sent it as a Bacs payment which can take 5 working days. A bank transfer shouldn't take this long hence my concern.

No choice but to wait I guess, they did confirm via email that it was a bank transfer which should clear within 1 working day so very confused at the moment.
Kb3209/05/2020 14:14

Thanks, I will do that at some point. I was thinking they should know if …Thanks, I will do that at some point. I was thinking they should know if the payment has gone through as it would have gone out of their account by now.I have already contacted Cex about it and they just said contact your bank which I found a bit concerning as they didn't seem too bothered about looking into it.I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem too.

they wont know if one payment has left as there will be 1000's sent each day and the average employee wont have access to there account to check, wait till monday and if you havent got it email again...
Bargainhead10/05/2020 12:16

they wont know if one payment has left as there will be 1000's sent each …they wont know if one payment has left as there will be 1000's sent each day and the average employee wont have access to there account to check, wait till monday and if you havent got it email again...

Still nothing, I have contacted them again just now but I am starting to get worried.

Also just read a review on Trustpilot about someone else who is having the exact same issue on the same dates too.

I am starting to think maybe they are having cashflow problems as it has never taken this long before.
Quick update, they resolved it in the end.
The payment failed from their end for some reason and they had to re send it.
All good now, thanks everyone for your replies.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions