Groups

CEX question thx

Want to go to cex 2morow,have couple of questions
    If i have Brand new items still sealed(box sets,Games etc) can i ask for more cash then they offer for preowned stuff ?
    Whats bes to do get vouchers and sell them or get cash
    thank you
    any advice welcome :)))

10 Comments

Banned

with games if they are still sealed i know GAME and gamestation just rip it off there and then and will only offer trade in value. i expect CEX to be the same

CEX wont accept sealed items, only unsealed. My local one just lets me take them off but doesn't offer any money different

Banned

Shops will usually open them to check if the disk is inside in case somebody just repackages it themselves

Supermod

CEX treat everything as 2nd hand. Which in theory, it is.

Original Poster

thx
    shame really

Banned

Jeffry24;4919215

thx shame really

why not try sell some stuff on here then? you may get more

Original Poster

DangerGod;4919229

why not try sell some stuff on here then? you may get more

will try 2morow before going to cex on thursday/friday
    will do proper low prices :)))

Original Poster

Whats best then get cash or vouchers
    i counted and its 20£ difference from cash that they offer
    maybe i can sell for like 15£ difference

Not many people will take sealed games anymore, for a premium or not. Main reason is that a lot of them are stolen goods. Of course, if they make you remove the seal they might still be accepting stolen goods but it puts the legal obligations on to you.

Jeffry24;4919257

Whats best then get cash or vouchers i counted and its 20£ difference … Whats best then get cash or vouchers i counted and its 20£ difference from cash that they offer maybe i can sell for like 15£ difference

Depends on if you need the cash and have anything you want. You will always get a better deal on trade. They don't really want anyone to accept cash. That is how they make their money.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.78
      2. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1324
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846245
      4. Are these two things distinctly different to you?25102

See more discussions