EXPIRED

CEX Sold Me The Wrong Game - But Did I Win?

So about 2 weeks ago I bought Pokemon White for the DS.

I never played it or even opened it and then decided to sell it.

Eventually I managed to sell it and on my way to wrap it up I notice that lo and behold the game inside is actually Pokemon Soul Silver. The box and instructions etc are all for White but the important bit (the freakin game!) is not.

But a quick scout on eBay suggests I got quite the deal?

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

13 Comments

sell it or keep it an play it. Im not 100% sure what the question is?

Original Poster

Oh sorry was just asking did I get a raw deal or a good deal?

Original Poster

And also, to suggest to others to check the game before buying!

Clearly a mix up by staff.

Blockbuster did the same with me.
Bought dead space 1 for £9 right after the release of ds2. They gave me ds2 disk by mistake.

Yes soul silver is worth more than the game you actually bought, Merry Christmas haha

kos1c

Blockbuster did the same with me. Bought dead space 1 for £9 right after … Blockbuster did the same with me. Bought dead space 1 for £9 right after the release of ds2. They gave me ds2 disk by mistake.

I'm so sorry

benjammin316

I'm so sorry

LOL DS1 was much better

CalumW96

Yes soul silver is worth more than the game you actually bought, Merry … Yes soul silver is worth more than the game you actually bought, Merry Christmas haha

However, would you be able to sell Soul Silver in a White box - very unlikely - at least not back to CEX or Game.
If you are likely to re-sell later, I would get the correct game, other just enjoy the game for keeps.

Update - just looked at Ebay - seems like cartridge only is selling for £15+ - crazy!

Edited by: "Ar460rn" 22nd Dec 2014

bought black ops to replay zombies last week. They gave me black ops 2 disk. If it wasnt for the fact i really wanted the first one i would of just kept it. Seems a common thing from cex

tallpete33

LOL DS1 was much better

Found the 2nd to be the better one. Was cool going through the living quarters. The 3rd was a joke, and the first was solid start to a new franchise.

Original Poster

CalumW96

Yes soul silver is worth more than the game you actually bought, Merry … Yes soul silver is worth more than the game you actually bought, Merry Christmas haha

woohoo

I wonder did the guy who traded it in know what he was doing? Or did they get home and have that 'oh sh*t!' moment.

It was behind counter, not on shop floor, and I had to ask for it and game was already in box so not 100% staff members fault.

HeHateMe

woohoo :)I wonder did the guy who traded it in know what he was doing? Or … woohoo :)I wonder did the guy who traded it in know what he was doing? Or did they get home and have that 'oh sh*t!' moment.It was behind counter, not on shop floor, and I had to ask for it and game was already in box so not 100% staff members fault.

Trust me, 100% staff members fault. They should check all games coming in and all games going out, no one else to blame. I have not checked the prices of the game you got but if you got a good deal then happy days. Just find a box and inners for the Soul Silver game and you are away.

Cex have done this to me a few times too, enough times that I make a point of checking my games before I leave when I buy from them.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any tips on finding a cheap new kitchen plus bathroom with fitting?34
    2. Amazon prime subscribe & save410
    3. Looking for a mobile phone with a £300 budget11
    4. Decent Mp3 Player?44

See more discussions