CEX Voucher with my name on it ..

Found 22nd Jan
I know things have changed in the last few years regarding vouchers, but i'm just wondering if anything can be done to turn it in to some form of cash ?

I bought something from CEX today and realised literally within about 20 minutes that i'd massively screwed up and couldn't afford it so i went back to the shop and was told that they could only issue a refund if it was faulty.

Believe me, i was very, very tempted to just smash the thing on the floor there and then and say "Look! Faulty!" but I stopped myself ..

It's not for much - £45 quid all told, but I really can't afford to have "£45 Pounds" printed on a piece of paper when i need actual money in my wallet.

It was a stupid, stupid mistake and miscalculation on my part so I'm hoping i can at least get some money out of it.

I'm thinking of Zeek to get rid of it, but the issue of my name being on it might prevent that. Any bright ideas most welcome.
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Go back and proper kick off and they will refund your cash. Alternatively you are gonna take a 20% loss selling it online.
the problem with that is that it was a franchise store so they're pretty much a law unto themselves and will likely tell me where to go. i do know of a corporate store near me that i'm going to go to tomorrow to see if there's anything that can be done, or if they can at least re-issue the voucher with no name on it which might give me a chance with zeek.

i accept i'm going to take a hit on it but my only other alternative was to re-sell the kindle to them on the spot and immediately lose £24 quid as they'd have given me £21 quid cash for it.
It doesn't matter that it has your name on it, you can still sell it. Put it on avforums.com, expect to get £35-£38 for it. A photo of the voucher will be sufficient for the buyer. Expect to send the voucher before payment.
Edited by: "redcantona" 22nd Jan
sending the voucher before payment ?

i wouldn't dream of doing that on eBay so makes avforums any different ? and that's a genuine question - i'd have never even known you could sell things on their forums.
HankHandsome15 m ago

sending the voucher before payment ?i wouldn't dream of doing that on eBay …sending the voucher before payment ?i wouldn't dream of doing that on eBay so makes avforums any different ? and that's a genuine question - i'd have never even known you could sell things on their forums.

You wouldn't sell it without sending first. Follow the selling rules and sell only to someone with 20+ feedback, it's about as safe as it can be.
avforums.com/for…44/
redcantona11 m ago

You wouldn't sell it without sending first. Follow the selling rules and …You wouldn't sell it without sending first. Follow the selling rules and sell only to someone with 20+ feedback, it's about as safe as it can be.https://www.avforums.com/forums/miscellaneous-classifieds.344/

cheers, i appreciate that. it *might* be a pain as i can't really use paypal at the moment, but i've just sent them a quick message to see what other methods are allowed - I'm assuming "BT" is 'Bank Transfer'.
Well, just sent the details of the voucher to someone who's offered me £36 quid for it - he's got 241 rated feedback and i've read through a lot of the comments so it should be ok. Just got to wait for payment now .. i hope

#edit

literally just received full payment as well by bank transfer so all is good. thanks again @redcantona for the recommendation.
Edited by: "HankHandsome" 22nd Jan
HankHandsome19 m ago

Well, just sent the details of the voucher to someone who's offered me £36 …Well, just sent the details of the voucher to someone who's offered me £36 quid for it - he's got 241 rated feedback and i've read through a lot of the comments so it should be ok. Just got to wait for payment now .. i hope #editliterally just received full payment as well by bank transfer so all is good. thanks again @redcantona for the recommendation.

You'll be fine. It is much like the FS section on here used to be, but less crap.
CEX have a 48 hour change of mind policy so they should refund your money. Check out their website t and cs
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions