Expired

CEX will refuse to repair my item. They think I'm a conman.*Reward*

Banned 21 replies
Found 22nd Jun 2014
Hi,
Could someone please assist me, In return I will offer you a small but nice reward.

I paid £35 for a brand new (someone traded a few in) blue Dualshock 3 controller from Cex.

It has stopped working as O and X do not respond and R1 Never works.

They have refused to repair as the number code (the barcode they scan) on the back, is different from the one on the front.

When I bought it it was in a sealed bag, not a box.

They said I was bringing in a different controller.
I have tried twice in the last month at the store bought it from , other stores say that I must go to the original store.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
21 Comments

Trading Standards

if its the same company you can return it to any, as your contract is with CEX

Lol @ small but nice reward. oO

What barcode on the front? Of the packaging?

email the ceo of cex should get right thorough to a high level of authority they will take action good luck

The problem is if they've put the wrong controller in the packaging it I'll look like you're bringing a different one in. Surely they keep a record of serial numbers etc or what's the point of scanning them in in the first place? I thought it was to check if the item was stolen or not?

get an xbox instead.

Original Poster Banned

AndrewRoss

The problem is if they've put the wrong controller in the packaging it … The problem is if they've put the wrong controller in the packaging it I'll look like you're bringing a different one in. Surely they keep a record of serial numbers etc or what's the point of scanning them in in the first place? I thought it was to check if the item was stolen or not?

The serial number on my reciept is different to the controller.
Maybe they made a error when I bought it.

Banned

ferds

The serial number on my reciept is different to the controller.Maybe they … The serial number on my reciept is different to the controller.Maybe they made a error when I bought it.

Then you are truly buggered. Nothing you can do. You should have checked the receipt when you bought it

ferds

The serial number on my reciept is different to the controller.Maybe they … The serial number on my reciept is different to the controller.Maybe they made a error when I bought it.

Problem with that is you have no proof you bought it and they have proof you bought a different one. Probably the only way of dealing with it is to contact head office. Quite a few people try to do what they think you are doing, buy a broken camera in eBay and a new one from currys then swap them over and get a refund, it's in their interests to be cautious.

Original Poster Banned

AndrewRoss

Problem with that is you have no proof you bought it and they have proof … Problem with that is you have no proof you bought it and they have proof you bought a different one. Probably the only way of dealing with it is to contact head office. Quite a few people try to do what they think you are doing, buy a broken camera in eBay and a new one from currys then swap them over and get a refund, it's in their interests to be cautious.

You are correct,
If I sold something here and somebody said it did not work and sent me a faulty one, I would be angry.

Their customer service online is very poor, often people complain that they never respond.

NEtech

Lol @ small but nice reward. oO

I read the Blue Print, Roccafella.

Man offering rewards but no german whip, help a fella.

Reward so small I got called rusty, I got a tight bolt so I draw for the WD40.

OP tell us if the reward is higher than eighty.

Tell the Cex you want a refund, bags of Sterling but out the world cup already.

you'll have no luck CEX are absolute scumbags and all their warranties are worthless.Their policy is to ask you to prove any faults as they "test" the item when originally received and offer to buy it back from you for less than you paid.

Amazing_1

email the ceo of cex should get right thorough to a high level of … email the ceo of cex should get right thorough to a high level of authority they will take action good luck

This will help you do this ... CEX is on the list

ceoemail.com/

just never use them again, and this post will stop others falling into the same trap. i don't find their prices to be that competitive anyhow.

krazyasif786

This will help you do this ... CEX is on the list … This will help you do this ... CEX is on the list ;)http://www.ceoemail.com/

Cheers pal we both deserve the reward ahahaha

ferds

You are correct, If I sold something here and somebody said it did not … You are correct, If I sold something here and somebody said it did not work and sent me a faulty one, I would be angry.Their customer service online is very poor, often people complain that they never respond.

Online customer services is better than the instore staff. Well in my case it was.

I got charged poorly for a camera of mine and had an online rep contact the store and get a detail cover of my camera and came back with why I got given that price.

Then I got a ps4 the day after, and the headphone was missing (the silly one ear piece thing) the same rep was able to get me one sent to my address for free.

I would send them an email and ask them to help. I've always had a good response from Cex via their online.
I wouldn't trust their store members at all, half of them break the rules and the other half don't bother giving any advice.

I do not and will never use cex again. Woefully poor staff who are dirty looking and leave massive queues while 4 of them stand round a computer trying to create a playlist of garbage music to be forced to listen to in store.I am willing to bet they don't pay the artists whose music they play all day ? Customer service is non existent and staff attitudes are of a couldn't care less. I would advise anyone to look elsewhere when buying goods that could be purchased from these rogue traders. Beware as the guarantee is about as useful as toilet paper and they basically say you broke whatever you return and this is from previous experience.

cex's are franchises though not a mass chain so thats why youre referred to the the original store of purchase..

Dominatez

I do not and will never use cex again. Woefully poor staff who are dirty … I do not and will never use cex again. Woefully poor staff who are dirty looking and leave massive queues while 4 of them stand round a computer trying to create a playlist of garbage music to be forced to listen to in store.I am willing to bet they don't pay the artists whose music they play all day ? Customer service is non existent and staff attitudes are of a couldn't care less. I would advise anyone to look elsewhere when buying goods that could be purchased from these rogue traders. Beware as the guarantee is about as useful as toilet paper and they basically say you broke whatever you return and this is from previous experience.

I agree to some extent. I've not had a seriously bad issue with cex, but as posted above in my last comment, they tend not to follow the store rules.

Music with the f word in it isn't suitable for kids who run in and out of these stores (experienced in bexleyheath, barking and another store but forgot the location).
Was given cash for a trade in, when I wasn't asked for either store credit or cash, no I.D was needed (it's a required rule to have I.d shown).

Queues are just hell in these stores, but slow item scanning tends to be the issue in the stores I've gone too.

I tend not to buy from Cex if I can but there isn't a game store near mine. They removed the local one after the London riots and the closest is a 25 min bus ride away. So cex is the play to trade up from cameras to other bits but for games, I always take them to game store and get a price match if I'm trading up games and consoles.

Get an xbox
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA21127
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769544
    3. Exploding Paw Patrol foam soap Leaves child in ICU11
    4. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet3065

See more discussions