Groups
    EXPIRED

chain set

im looking for a decent chain set under £100 as iv broken yet again my truvativ one.
    possibly one in a sale. ....

4 Comments

Think were going to need more details. MTB or road? Twin or triple? Crank length? What have you broken again?

Original Poster

sorry did it late last night lol!
    its a mtb crank set triple. i have again threaded the pedal hole on the chain side crank arm. dont know why this has happened twice? this has rendered the crank arm unusable as you can imagine. the pedal has almost fallen off.
    cheers

JPB

sorry did it late last night lol!its a mtb crank set triple. i have again … sorry did it late last night lol!its a mtb crank set triple. i have again threaded the pedal hole on the chain side crank arm. dont know why this has happened twice? this has rendered the crank arm unusable as you can imagine. the pedal has almost fallen off. cheers

Well an guessing it's because the bearings in the pedal aren't running as free as they should so over time they loosed slightly over time and then when you peddle hard it stretches the thread. For next time make sure you tighten the peddle properly and many people use PTFE tape too to give a good seal. As for what to buy for £100 mark This

Original Poster

thanks for the help mate has dropped by £20 again for the 175mm
    Edited by: "JPB" 4th Aug 2010
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Boxes for moving house?1010
      2. Dashcam question34
      3. help: windows 10 wifi issue69
      4. Free pr subsidised loft insulation -not in benefits22

See more discussions