Found 21st Mar 2011
Hi all,

I am creating a website and saw this font today which I really like. However, don't know what it is called. Have tried a font identifier online but didn't help. If anyone can work it out, that would be AMAZING!!

Thanks!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
16 Comments

Example text?

Original Poster

http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/tt65/ianhawk182/font.jpg

Original Poster

meandog101

Example text?

Sorry, was just uploading it!

It's not times San serif is it?
Edited by: "skellysgirl" 21st Mar 2011

Register your interest and pose it as a first question.

Original Poster

FrootCake

Register your interest and pose it as a first question.

I have, but he isn't answering questions just yet.

Original Poster

skellysgirl

Nope. Close but it's not right, as Roy Walker would say.

Times San Serif Font
Edited by: "Ian182" 21st Mar 2011

Tbh I have not seen much similar to TSS out there, certainly not free anyway, that's why I thought it was that as it's pretty distinctive

Irritatingly familiar. Wish you'd asked earlier in the day, I was about to leave the office

Original Poster

MBeeching

Irritatingly familiar. Wish you'd asked earlier in the day, I was about … Irritatingly familiar. Wish you'd asked earlier in the day, I was about to leave the office

Haha, sorry!! I know, I'm the same. Really recognise it but can't for the life of me work out what it is!

Ian182

Haha, sorry!! I know, I'm the same. Really recognise it but can't for the … Haha, sorry!! I know, I'm the same. Really recognise it but can't for the life of me work out what it is!

It isn't Fritz Quadrata is it? Possibly vertically distorted slightly.

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1149/fritz.png
Edited by: "MBeeching" 21st Mar 2011

It does look like it, I like the face and the d looks rounder and is higher. But the t on the fritz look thinner, but if it is that it is distorted, the fritz is geometric, the sample isn't, it's tough as it's quite pixulated, makes it hard to identify features. it's some sort of roman sans hybrid
Edited by: "skellysgirl" 22nd Mar 2011

Original Poster

It's very similar but the apostrophe isn't the same. If the original was vertically distorted, the apostrophe would be even thinner than the Frtiz one.

skellysgirl

Its has serifs (the small marks at the ends of straight lines), so its not going to be any sans-serif font (literally meaning without serifs!)

I am aware of that, I am trained as a graphic designer andtypography is my passion, In particular type classification and grouping. Times San serif is a hybrid of the two categories. It feature both sans and serif features. Times san serif is a face available on defont..have a look its an interesting combination, i havent seen the Fritz quadrata, but it seems just as nice, i will be investigating, i love the TSS but it has no family.

jah128

Its has serifs (the small marks at the ends of straight lines), so its … Its has serifs (the small marks at the ends of straight lines), so its not going to be any sans-serif font (literally meaning without serifs!)

Edited by: "skellysgirl" 22nd Mar 2011

skellysgirl

I am aware of that, I am trained as a graphic designer andtypography is … I am aware of that, I am trained as a graphic designer andtypography is my passion, In particular type classification and grouping. Times San serif is a hybrid of the two categories. It feature both sans and serif features. Times san serif is a face available on defont..have a look its an interesting combination, i havent seen the Fritz quadrata, but it seems just as nice, i will be investigating, i love the TSS but it has no family.

Sorry, but you trained at yet you talked such nonsense?

Where is this mythical "Times San Serif" font? Times Sans-Serif means exactly what it says, "Sans Serif" meaning no serifs. If you really did train as a designer and typography really is your passion, I suggest you ask for a refund.

The font you link to above clearly doesn't have serifs (it isn't a hybrid at all) and the font in the original post clearly does.
Edited by: "jah128" 23rd Mar 2011
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How to switch between open apps on an Android box22
    2. I have a pretty old sky router and the power lead needs replacing, is it li…79
    3. How do you transfer files to an Android device over wifi?57
    4. I just found out that I have been paying £65 p/m to sky for tv/broadband/la…89

See more discussions