Groups

Champagne

Whats the cheapest place for vive cliquoe champagne (not sure if its spelt right)? Has anywhere got any offers on at the moment? I usually just go to Tesco's but I don't think they have much on at the moment

22 Comments

Veuve Clicquot.

No deals on Veuve but Mumm is on special at ]Threshers for £19.99 a bottle, similar champagne

choc1969;4350138

No deals on Veuve but Mumm is on special at ]Threshers for £19.99 a … No deals on Veuve but Mumm is on special at ]Threshers for £19.99 a bottle, similar champagne

this one I like
    Mumm Cordon Rouge Champagne

]Wine Hound have Veuve for £24.49 per bottle but you need to order a case of 12

choc1969;4350182

]Wine Hound have Veuve for £24.49 per bottle but you need to order a case … ]Wine Hound have Veuve for £24.49 per bottle but you need to order a case of 12

Feels embarrased ordering just the one bottle but hey, it's Valentines and sooo much better than an ironing board.:oops:

Thanks Choc.

Ginner;4350217

Feels embarrased ordering just the one bottle but hey, it's Valentines … Feels embarrased ordering just the one bottle but hey, it's Valentines and sooo much better than an ironing board.:oops:Thanks Choc.

won't let you order just one bottle hun, try Oddbins in store as they had it for £26 per bottle

ps Threshers still have their 40% off champers vouchers

hotukdeals.com/ite…ne/

Ordered form the drinks shop.com, one bottle £29.59, cannot afford a case from the other place.

Original Poster

choc1969 thats f****** ace...thanks

mooosey;4350443

choc1969 thats f****** ace...thanks

:w00t: thats the nicest thanks I've ever got :oops:

A question; why do you want to buy Veuve? If it's because o/h likes it fair enough, but, and excuse my presumptions, you dont strike me as someone who drinks the stuff too often. So instead of going for a 'name' just to impress go for taste and buy Canard Duchene instead. It's one of the best tasting Champagnes on the market and nobody's heard of it. You'll get 2 bottles at Majestic for around £30 and I'll guarantee you'll enjoy the taste more.

kingy58;4351452

A question; why do you want to buy Veuve? If it's because o/h likes it … A question; why do you want to buy Veuve? If it's because o/h likes it fair enough, but, and excuse my presumptions, you dont strike me as someone who drinks the stuff too often. So instead of going for a 'name' just to impress go for taste and buy Canard Duchene instead. It's one of the best tasting Champagnes on the market and nobody's heard of it. You'll get 2 bottles at Majestic for around £30 and I'll guarantee you'll enjoy the taste more.

but that is your opinion, the OP wanted to find a deal on Veuve NOT Canard :whistling:

kingy58;4351452

A question; why do you want to buy Veuve? If it's because o/h likes it … A question; why do you want to buy Veuve? If it's because o/h likes it fair enough, but, and excuse my presumptions, you dont strike me as someone who drinks the stuff too often. So instead of going for a 'name' just to impress go for taste and buy Canard Duchene instead. It's one of the best tasting Champagnes on the market and nobody's heard of it. You'll get 2 bottles at Majestic for around £30 and I'll guarantee you'll enjoy the taste more.

Agreed, the Kent Chapeldown Brut NZ (now award winning 'champagne') is lovely, personally my absolute favourite is the Perrier-Jouët Belle Epoque, but thats me.

choc1969;4351503

but that is your opinion, the OP wanted to find a deal on Veuve NOT … but that is your opinion, the OP wanted to find a deal on Veuve NOT Canard :whistling:

just some advice hardly worth the effort of being unpleasant

Original Poster

I don't really drink it but the mrs does. Prices are somewhat inflated at threshers at £45 a bottle. Luckily the voucher made it reasonable. Next question is what other wines/champagne should I drink with this bottle as I’m planning on having a few extra drinks?

Loving the effort with the fancy Champers names

champagnes well over rated imo:-D................give me a bottle of Asti any day:lol:

hannah19790;4355177

champagnes well over rated imo:D................give me a bottle of Asti … champagnes well over rated imo:D................give me a bottle of Asti any day:-lol:

I know a few guys whose response would be "mmmn cheap date". There's probably a few of them like it on this forum as well :-D

Each to their own but could be worth checking out prices for Cremant de Bourgogne as well. Something I like.

WoolyM;4355286

I know a few guys whose response would be "mmmn cheap date". There's … I know a few guys whose response would be "mmmn cheap date". There's probably a few of them like it on this forum as well :-DEach to their own but could be worth checking out prices for Cremant de Bourgogne as well. Something I like.

lol, I'm sure ur right but don't worry about that......I'll make sure I make up for it with the main course:w00t:

Original Poster

Thanks for the Asti idea but i think ill give that one a miss. Any one got any proper ideas?

A good Cava or Prosecco, Sainsburys Cava Brut is very nice.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2121
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 3977
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1414
      4. Win a Free minion usb stick22

See more discussions