Champion featured on Shane Dawson latest conspiracy video

Expert (Beta)17
Posted 6th Apr
Shane Dawson’s latest conspiracy video featured the brand Champion.

It highlighted how the brand had risen recently to become a boutique brand despite been sold in discount stores like target for years.

I thought it made an interesting watch as to the power of marketing and influencers, many popular YouTuber wear the brand and have no doubt contributed to it success.

I think a similar thing has happen with Fila, which has regained popularity and a high price tag.

Don’t want to link the video due to bad language but simply search

Shane Dawson Craziest conspiracy theories on YouTube if you want to have a watch.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Champion has comeback thanks to Japan. Until recently the Champion brand in Japan was licensed to Goldwin who made quality products bearing the Champion logo, whilst in the west it was owned by Hanes (Sara Lee before them) who were content to just make budget sportswear.

Hanes bought Champion of Japan and runs it the same way as Goldwin did, that leads to the tiers of quality available.
As Champion Japan used to be good, it lead to collabs with brands like BAPE and speciality lines and stores like Champion Heritage Times. These pieces end up being popular in Japan and people into streetwear and fashion get inspired from the Japanese pieces and then people not so much in to fashion are influenced by those people.
17 Comments
Just wanted to add the video is s fundraiser as well raising money for

“Feeding America is a United States–based nonprofit organization that is a nationwide network of more than 200 food banks that feed more than 46 million people through food pantries, soup kitchens, shelters, and other community-based agencies.”
Sorry but what's the problem?
Haircut_10006/04/2020 18:48

Sorry but what's the problem?

Problem? There is no problem.

Just thought it was interesting watch and others maybe interested too.
Watched it and seemed very interesting. Did you think the Dasani conspiracy is true?
Gola came into fashion, when we were kids you would wear Gola but not do long ago our daughter come in asking for it
deals6906/04/2020 19:14

Watched it and seemed very interesting. Did you think the Dasani …Watched it and seemed very interesting. Did you think the Dasani conspiracy is true?

It was odd how the bottles always fizzed.
deals6906/04/2020 19:14

Watched it and seemed very interesting. Did you think the Dasani …Watched it and seemed very interesting. Did you think the Dasani conspiracy is true?

What was the Dasani conspiracy, was it that the US still buy it after we figured out it was just tap water.
eslick06/04/2020 19:26

Gola came into fashion, when we were kids you would wear Gola but not do …Gola came into fashion, when we were kids you would wear Gola but not do long ago our daughter come in asking for it

Yeah seen Gola trainers around again. Loads of 90's brands making a come back.
My lads are into Fresh Prince at the moment.
myusernamehasgone23406/04/2020 19:29

Yeah seen Gola trainers around again. Loads of 90's brands making a come …Yeah seen Gola trainers around again. Loads of 90's brands making a come back. My lads are into Fresh Prince at the moment.

Yeah our two love it as well, Gola to me is an 80s brand
eslick06/04/2020 19:32

Yeah our two love it as well, Gola to me is an 80s brand

Definitely very 80's had Gola trainers myself as a kid.
My old man has used Champion for years. Says even during the coldest of winters the car always started first time.
eslick06/04/2020 19:28

What was the Dasani conspiracy, was it that the US still buy it after we …What was the Dasani conspiracy, was it that the US still buy it after we figured out it was just tap water.

They add things inside which makes you feel thirsty therefore you buy more
eslick06/04/2020 19:28

What was the Dasani conspiracy, was it that the US still buy it after we …What was the Dasani conspiracy, was it that the US still buy it after we figured out it was just tap water.

It was the additives they added like salt and potassium. Plus everyone said it tasted horrid.
Champion has comeback thanks to Japan. Until recently the Champion brand in Japan was licensed to Goldwin who made quality products bearing the Champion logo, whilst in the west it was owned by Hanes (Sara Lee before them) who were content to just make budget sportswear.

Hanes bought Champion of Japan and runs it the same way as Goldwin did, that leads to the tiers of quality available.
As Champion Japan used to be good, it lead to collabs with brands like BAPE and speciality lines and stores like Champion Heritage Times. These pieces end up being popular in Japan and people into streetwear and fashion get inspired from the Japanese pieces and then people not so much in to fashion are influenced by those people.
spruceyb06/04/2020 20:10

Champion has comeback thanks to Japan. Until recently the Champion brand …Champion has comeback thanks to Japan. Until recently the Champion brand in Japan was licensed to Goldwin who made quality products bearing the Champion logo, whilst in the west it was owned by Hanes (Sara Lee before them) who were content to just make budget sportswear.Hanes bought Champion of Japan and runs it the same way as Goldwin did, that leads to the tiers of quality available.As Champion Japan used to be good, it lead to collabs with brands like BAPE and speciality lines and stores like Champion Heritage Times. These pieces end up being popular in Japan and people into streetwear and fashion get inspired from the Japanese pieces and then people not so much in to fashion are influenced by those people.

Thanks for explaining that.
myusernamehasgone23406/04/2020 20:15

Thanks for explaining that.

Goldwin also do The North Face in Japan and is much better than the western ones.
Same thing with Dickies, Dickies Japan is amazing quality but it is real expensive.
spruceyb06/04/2020 20:22

Goldwin also do The North Face in Japan and is much better than the …Goldwin also do The North Face in Japan and is much better than the western ones.Same thing with Dickies, Dickies Japan is amazing quality but it is real expensive.

Yeah noticed The North Face is stocked now in more fashion retailers like Footasylum, J D Sports as well as Outdoor stores.

Interesting to see how brands evolve, your insight in to champion was helpful and of interest to me.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions