Champions League Draw

Top comments
Shame the English clubs are drawn together but confident lfc will win over the 2 legs.
Shame the English clubs are drawn together but confident City will win over the 2 legs.

I may have missed it but who did man utd draw in the quarter finals?
Snakeyes64631 m ago

Shame the English clubs are drawn together but confident lfc will win over …Shame the English clubs are drawn together but confident lfc will win over the 2 legs.

I was going to make a smarmy comment then, but I suddenly remembered I support Everton and am not in a position to comment
34 Comments
Bad luck for Juventus.
Should be like the good old ties between Liverpool and Chelsea, they were incredibly entertaining as there was always much more at stake than the european cup.
Shame the English clubs are drawn together but confident lfc will win over the 2 legs.
Shame the English clubs are drawn together but confident City will win over the 2 legs.

Snakeyes6465 m ago

This is the only thing they will be able to draw now .....

33451404-BnPrb.jpg
Can't see us competing over two legs and the league (LFC) City will have the league sown up by then.
Adam205012 m ago

Can't see us competing over two legs and the league (LFC) City will have …Can't see us competing over two legs and the league (LFC) City will have the league sown up by then.

We only need top 4 and who are we competing against? Spurs Chelsea and man u. Top 4 is guaranteed for us, we can focus on CL.

The league is man city's.
Edited by: "Snakeyes646" 16th Mar
Snakeyes64610 m ago

We only need top 4 and who are we competing against? Spurs Chelsea and man …We only need top 4 and who are we competing against? Spurs Chelsea and man u. Top 4 is guaranteed for us, we can focus on CL.

No where near guranteed, were 4 points ahead of Chelsea, we have to play them they could end up being one point ahead if things go there way.

This is an old post but shows all the fixtures yet to go

33451529-5SrNB.jpg
Theres a lot that could go wrong/right between then. Chelsea and Spurs only have the FA cup left. Both reasonably 'easy' fixtures. Pressures on us to compete on a champions league front and we will push for the 6th cup. Definetly in our court but no where near as a given. If we had beat United I would of said it was a near enough sure thing. But we would of had two games to fall flat on.
Snakeyes64631 m ago

Shame the English clubs are drawn together but confident lfc will win over …Shame the English clubs are drawn together but confident lfc will win over the 2 legs.

I was going to make a smarmy comment then, but I suddenly remembered I support Everton and am not in a position to comment
Snakeyes64639 m ago

Can't help yourself can you? We must have given you many, many sleepless nights.
Definitely the tie of the round. The two most entertaining teams in Europe.
2-2 at Anfield but the lottery winners to run away with it 3-1 at the council house.
Curlyman8310 m ago

I was going to make a smarmy comment then, but I suddenly remembered I …I was going to make a smarmy comment then, but I suddenly remembered I support Everton and am not in a position to comment

Ha probably not the best of years to do any retourts, probably having a roast dinner these days and seeing the gravey jug is painful enough. Roast dinners just ain't the same
Curlyman831 h, 15 m ago

I was going to make a smarmy comment then, but I suddenly remembered I …I was going to make a smarmy comment then, but I suddenly remembered I support Everton and am not in a position to comment

redcantona1 h, 10 m ago

Can't help yourself can you? We must have given you many, many sleepless …Can't help yourself can you? We must have given you many, many sleepless nights.Definitely the tie of the round. The two most entertaining teams in Europe. 2-2 at Anfield but the lottery winners to run away with it 3-1 at the council house.

Man United are the only team to give me sleepless nights you're correct! So happy when fergie retired
Snakeyes6463 h, 46 m ago

We only need top 4 and who are we competing against? Spurs Chelsea and man …We only need top 4 and who are we competing against? Spurs Chelsea and man u. Top 4 is guaranteed for us, we can focus on CL.The league is man city's.

Wouldn't count your chickens just yet, regarding top 4. You've still got to play Watford, Crystal Palace, West Brom, Bournemouth, Stoke and Brighton and we all know how terrible LFC like to perform against the bottom 10 ;).
redcantona3 h, 26 m ago

Can't help yourself can you? We must have given you many, many sleepless …Can't help yourself can you? We must have given you many, many sleepless nights.Definitely the tie of the round. The two most entertaining teams in Europe. 2-2 at Anfield but the lottery winners to run away with it 3-1 at the council house.

A United fan telling a Liverpool fan about history?
.MUFC.12 m ago

Wouldn't count your chickens just yet, regarding top 4. You've still got …Wouldn't count your chickens just yet, regarding top 4. You've still got to play Watford, Crystal Palace, West Brom, Bournemouth, Stoke and Brighton and we all know how terrible LFC like to perform against the bottom 10 ;).

Not nowadays , at least we don't have huddersfield town to play again
Adam20505 h, 21 m ago

Can't see us competing over two legs and the league (LFC) City will have …Can't see us competing over two legs and the league (LFC) City will have the league sown up by then.

I hope Klopp and the squad don’t have this mentality over the 2 legs. Mentally lost a battle before kick off
jayonline854 m ago

I hope Klopp and the squad don’t have this mentality over the 2 legs. M …I hope Klopp and the squad don’t have this mentality over the 2 legs. Mentally lost a battle before kick off

Nope I'd be surprised if they did, but my mentality has nothing to do with the current squad, if we had brought in Keita this summer I would of been different and definetly the season would of been too.
Champions League quarter-finals: tie-by-tie analysis - The Guardian
theguardian.com/foo…ity
Bure111 h, 57 m ago

A United fan telling a Liverpool fan about history?

No mention of history though. Just 5 comments to mention their nemesis in a thread about Liverpool and Manchester City.
We must always be their second thought.
m00head22 m ago

Champions League quarter-finals: tie-by-tie analysis - The …Champions League quarter-finals: tie-by-tie analysis - The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/mar/16/champions-league-quarter-finals-tie-by-tie-analysis-liverpool-manchester-city

What fantastic analysis...
Liverpool are the only team to have beaten City in the league
Liverpool looked to trouble City at the Etihad before having a man sent off
Klopp has the best managerial record against Pep
Klopp has won more head to head against Pep
Verdict....Man City
Edited by: "fivegoldstars" 16th Mar
m00head21 m ago

Champions League quarter-finals: tie-by-tie analysis - The …Champions League quarter-finals: tie-by-tie analysis - The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/mar/16/champions-league-quarter-finals-tie-by-tie-analysis-liverpool-manchester-city

Can't argue with any of what's written. I'm ultimately going for Real to beat Bayern in the final.
Adam205044 m ago

Nope I'd be surprised if they did, but my mentality has nothing to do with …Nope I'd be surprised if they did, but my mentality has nothing to do with the current squad, if we had brought in Keita this summer I would of been different and definetly the season would of been too.

Yeah true, it’s a tough ask to beat City over 2 legs in this seasons form they’re in. 2 similar teams with the style of play (high pressing and fast counter attacking) but City has the better quality. Any team can be beat over 2 games. We beat Chelski, Juventus and Ac Milan in 2005 who were all quality teams at the time. I think Klopp might favour qualifying for champions league rather than beating City. Would make sense because we will be stronger next year. I think Liverpool is now looking like a more attractive club to join because of Klopp, his attacking philosophy and his passion. He will be the difference 🤞
jayonline858 m ago

Yeah true, it’s a tough ask to beat City over 2 legs in this seasons form t …Yeah true, it’s a tough ask to beat City over 2 legs in this seasons form they’re in. 2 similar teams with the style of play (high pressing and fast counter attacking) but City has the better quality. Any team can be beat over 2 games. We beat Chelski, Juventus and Ac Milan in 2005 who were all quality teams at the time. I think Klopp might favour qualifying for champions league rather than beating City. Would make sense because we will be stronger next year. I think Liverpool is now looking like a more attractive club to join because of Klopp, his attacking philosophy and his passion. He will be the difference 🤞

I think he will go for the cup prestige over the league position, though ultimately I think he thinks he has enough in the sqaud to push both.
Bring em' on Lets make it 6
33454786-yBDw9.jpg
m00head3 h, 9 m ago

Those semi finals look very juicy, whatever combination turns up.
redcantona2 h, 58 m ago

No mention of history though. Just 5 comments to mention their nemesis in …No mention of history though. Just 5 comments to mention their nemesis in a thread about Liverpool and Manchester City.We must always be their second thought.

It's a little heart-wrenching that all you have left to cling to is the fact that you used to give us sleepless nights
fivegoldstars2 h, 57 m ago

What fantastic analysis...Liverpool are the only team to have beaten City …What fantastic analysis...Liverpool are the only team to have beaten City in the leagueLiverpool looked to trouble City at the Etihad before having a man sent offKlopp has the best managerial record against PepKlopp has won more head to head against PepVerdict....Man City

Conceding 3 at home and 5 away doesn't really fill anyone with confidence.
deeky19 m ago

Conceding 3 at home and 5 away doesn't really fill anyone with confidence.

Can't deny that - I'm not calling it either way.
The comments I made aren't my own, they're quotes from the article. I can't understand why they only provided positives for Liverpool in the analysis and then predicted a City win?
fivegoldstars40 m ago

Can't deny that - I'm not calling it either way. The comments I made …Can't deny that - I'm not calling it either way. The comments I made aren't my own, they're quotes from the article. I can't understand why they only provided positives for Liverpool in the analysis and then predicted a City win?

I know, I read it. I was just saying, whatever he said in the article, the bottom line remains the same. City 8 Liverpool 4 over the 2 league legs.
deeky22 h, 41 m ago

It's a little heart-wrenching that all you have left to cling to is the …It's a little heart-wrenching that all you have left to cling to is the fact that you used to give us sleepless nights

It's not all we have to cling to though is it?
If you lot weren't having such an exceptional season ours wouldn't look so bad. A very poor performance on weds has just killed our season dead and the only person not to see that is the manager. For him, only the results matter, but when you don't get the result all focus is on the performance, which was dire.
deleted1431257
Curlyman8316th Mar

Remember in the summer transfer window when Everton splashed out on utter tripe and fans were deluding themselves in thinking they were going to break into the top 4?
hass1231 h, 6 m ago

Remember in the summer transfer window when Everton splashed out on utter …Remember in the summer transfer window when Everton splashed out on utter tripe and fans were deluding themselves in thinking they were going to break into the top 4?

Anybody who’d watched Everton over the precious two seasons would’ve told you that without Lukaku (or a like replacement) we’d struggle to finish in the top half.

Having 5 ‘number 10’s’ was never going to allow us to break into that top six group.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants