Groups

change mortgage deeds

Does anyone know the rough cost to add someones name to an existing mortgage, does anyone also know any decent solicitors who would do this cheap and how long the process takes.I live in the west midlands area , thanks

13 Comments

Banned

You would have to speak to whoever the mortgage is with.

The mortgage deeds you would have to apply via the local courthouse.

Original Poster

they said i have to do it through a solicitor myself

mortgagees and deeds have to tally apparently
    for a remortgage in my name only and changing of deeds to sole name it is costing me approx £350

Banned

pughy2000;2201350

they said i have to do it through a solicitor myself

Is it the actual deeds or the mortgage or both?

Original Poster

well its an existing mortgage and i want to put the missus name on it as we were advised not too years ago when we first brought the house because her credit rating was not that great but mine was, but now we want an advance for a kitchen but as i lost my job my new job dosent pay nowhere near the same as my last one so we need a joint wage to get an advance basically.

Supermod

If you are putting someone onto the mortgage they also have to be also on the property register.
    If you PM me with some details I could give you a quote for the legal work...

magicjay1986;2201429

If you are putting someone onto the mortgage they also have to be also on … If you are putting someone onto the mortgage they also have to be also on the property register. If you PM me with some details I could give you a quote for the legal work...

hi mj - could you put your web address or the solicitors you work for - if you are qualified- or are you still stydying? -so many so called companies around now advertising their expertise @had an accident - claim compensation' etc - when really they are just franchises -

Supermod

holly100;2201473

hi mj - could you put your web address or the solicitors you work for - … hi mj - could you put your web address or the solicitors you work for - if you are qualified- or are you still stydying? -so many so called companies around now advertising their expertise @had an accident - claim compensation' etc - when really they are just franchises - thanks:thumbsup:

I am still studying. The company website is [url]www.crosse.co.uk[/url]

me and my other half looked into doing this just over a year ago and were quoted £425.00

Original Poster

how long did it take trish, presuming you went through with it

Supermod

pughy2000;2201595

how long did it take trish, presuming you went through with it

As long as you agree in principle your mortgage details it shouldnt take too long at all. Probably about 3 weeks to a month from having your mortgage offer issued.

pughy2000;2201424

well its an existing mortgage and i want to put the missus name on it as … well its an existing mortgage and i want to put the missus name on it as we were advised not too years ago when we first brought the house because her credit rating was not that great but mine was, but now we want an advance for a kitchen but as i lost my job my new job dosent pay nowhere near the same as my last one so we need a joint wage to get an advance basically.

Think you can just apply for an advance and put her on that as its a sub account of your mortgage they don't combine them if your borrowing from the same lender, alternativly if you re-mortage with another lender you can put her name on that way

This website was recently advertised on MSE, legal cost comparison site - haven't had a look yet myself but hope it helps with costings for you. takelegaladvice.com/per…cfm
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …162401
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416014106
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17426158
      4. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1325

See more discussions