Expired

Change "my number" on sim card

Found 13th Oct 2012
I've just ported a phone number to a new sim card. The "my number" on the sim card is the new one that I no longer have. What's the easiest way to amend "my number" on the sim card? Android doesn't seem to have the option to amend it. Cheers.

1. Ask
  2. Card
  3. Sim
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Card
  3. Sim
4 Comments

your phone should read the new number. perhaps take the sim out and put it back in?

or perhaps the number has not yet ported over?

Original Poster

Number has ported (been using it all week). Tried taking sim out, rebooting phone but no change.

I don't have access to an old phone to amend the number (the answer most sites seem to give). Might try a sim card reader from ebay...

You need to go to Contacts, then via the buttons, My Contact. You can update the correct phone number there. If not, you need to access the contacts stored on your sim card. You can then update the My Info settings for the correct number.

The Therapist

You need to go to Contacts, then via the buttons, My Contact. You can … You need to go to Contacts, then via the buttons, My Contact. You can update the correct phone number there. If not, you need to access the contacts stored on your sim card. You can then update the My Info settings for the correct number.

Thanks The Therapist, I know this is an old thread but I've been having so much trouble with this and stumbled here and that fix worked a treat for me. All too easy in the end.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Merchants