Groups

Change screen resolution on Kodi

Hi, hope someone can help. How do I change the screen resolution on Kodi? I've gone into settings and video settings, but the settings to specify the screen resolution is blanked out, at the moment I think I'm running on 1368 x 720. I've got a MXQ box running Kodi 14.2. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 Comments

What are you trying to view it on??
    Monitor, TV, Laptop, Tablet??

Original Poster

27" LG Television in a bedroom.

Run the settings application within the Android ROM, not Kodi. Go to display, uncheck auto detect, change resolution there.
    Kodi should use the resolution that's set in Android. A lot of the times the firmware that comes with these Android boxes won't display higher than 1280x720 and they're upscaled to 1920x1080. If you have the MXQ with the red bit on top, there's a very good OpenELEC firmware out (basically a small Linux OS running just Kodi, no Android in sight).

Original Poster

rev6

Run the settings application within the Android ROM, not Kodi. Go to … Run the settings application within the Android ROM, not Kodi. Go to display, uncheck auto detect, change resolution there.Kodi should use the resolution that's set in Android. A lot of the times the firmware that comes with these Android boxes won't display higher than 1280x720 and they're upscaled to 1920x1080. If you have the MXQ with the red bit on top, there's a very good OpenELEC firmware out (basically a small Linux OS running just Kodi, no Android in sight).

Cheers my friend, will give this a go, thank you.

rev6

Run the settings application within the Android ROM, not Kodi. Go to … Run the settings application within the Android ROM, not Kodi. Go to display, uncheck auto detect, change resolution there.Kodi should use the resolution that's set in Android. A lot of the times the firmware that comes with these Android boxes won't display higher than 1280x720 and they're upscaled to 1920x1080. If you have the MXQ with the red bit on top, there's a very good OpenELEC firmware out (basically a small Linux OS running just Kodi, no Android in sight).

didn't know about this at all. thought movies and stuff in 1080p would be auto displayed by kodi picking it up. will definitely be having a look at this tonight. thanks OP for the Q and rev for the answer!!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047153
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866383
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7201355
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1828

See more discussions