Groups

Changing a laptop from Russian to English?!?!

So.... asking all you tech people for advice once again :-)

I've bought a laptop - hp envy - it was originally bought in Russia (the seller was very honest about that), however I thought it would be pretty simple to reinstall & change from Russian to English. .... but I'm struggling!!!

Since I can't understand the Russian options that come up when I rebooted it, pleeease does anyone know a way to reinstall on English?

its running 8.1 if that makes a difference?

Thanks again & happy new year year HUKD'ers

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

7 Comments

youtube.com/wat…MUk

Japanese to English, but the process is the same (i.e. click on the relevant area of the screen whatever the language.

Original Poster

Thanks but I can't get it that far.... I've literally rebooted & have a screen with 3 options - which I don't understand :-/

Clair4485

Thanks but I can't get it that far.... I've literally rebooted & have a … Thanks but I can't get it that far.... I've literally rebooted & have a screen with 3 options - which I don't understand :-/

you could type the russian into a translator to english to see what they are?
    you could post a pic so someone on here may be able to work it out?

if you have a smart phone try google translator or world lense... they can translate from visuals or pictures..

Post a print screen and I can have a look.
    Failing that a Russian girlfriend? Lol

It sounds like you're not even booting into Windows and are instead seeing three options in the pre-boot stage (black background, white writing), is that correct?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Deleting chats on Facebook Messenger1011
      2. Virgin Media - what is a good price?616
      3. GAP Insurance Recommendations22
      4. cats and royal canin biscuits1019

See more discussions