Groups

Changing a mobile phone from Orange to Vodafone - Please help!

I have been given a Sony Ericsson mobile that is locked to the Orange network.
    I am on a Vodafone contract and would like to know how to go about changing it as I am not the original owner of the phone.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

8 Comments

Original Poster

Sorry - it's a W800i

Either pop it down your local market or follow ]this guide all that will cost you is time. Sorry just realised you said w800i that is for w810i so not sure if it will work or not.

Original Poster

:thumbsup:

harlzter;2734553

Either pop it down your local market or follow ]this guide all that will … Either pop it down your local market or follow ]this guide all that will cost you is time.

Cheers - will have a look.

Original Poster

harlzter;2734553

Either pop it down your local market or follow ]this guide all that will … Either pop it down your local market or follow ]this guide all that will cost you is time. Sorry just realised you said w800i that is for w810i so not sure if it will work or not.

Should do as the 810 is just the updated 800.

My help is as follows... Don't go to Vodafone!

Banned

bluenosebob;2734605

Should do as the 810 is just the updated 800.

You will need to use the correct files for your handset though... Also check its a Red CID49

Original Poster

Thanks for your help but I popped down to the local phone dealer who unlocked it for a tenner.
    Got the Sony free and have a 12 month cashback deal from M2YD with £45 quidco and the proceeds of an ebay sale of the Samsung j700 I got with the contract.
    Mustn't grumble over a tenner.

Banned

Thats what I was going to say just pop to a shop and get it done, theres a lot of work that goes into unlocking these phones and if something goes wrong its going to cost you in the long run, so its better getting it done professionally however, I didnt say it as i didnt want to risk getting my head bitten off by people who think that everything should be free
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…66
      2. Sonos says let us spy or your stereo will not work77
      3. Jeremy Corbyn #traingate1317
      4. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4522113

See more discussions