Groups

Changing broadband Phone line question

Banned
    I am with Talktalk currently but can change providers as its run by them and not BT

Is it not possible to ring Virgin Media (want to go with them) and get them to change it for me to there own phone line service with signing up to a year with BT.

8 Comments

Banned

depending on if you have virgin cable in your street, then their line is separate to bt's

Original Poster Banned

I can get Virgin in my area and they would be able to change my phone line also do you know if they offer free international calls to one country.(currently getting it with TT)

Original Poster Banned

could someone answer above question. Thanks

Virgin use thier own network and totally independent of the BT network. You can get VM to install a new line for you and usually port your existing number into thier network. Remember VM broadband doesn't come through a phone line, cable broadband is superior to ADSL (that comes over your phoneline). But you also limit yourself to VM as they don't currentley wholesale thier services.

You'll have to look on the VM site about inclusive calls, iirc VM's call charges are quite high as opposed to BT, Talk Talk etc. Why not just get cable broadband and look into a VOIP service?

Original Poster Banned

Paddy_o_furniture;8693471

Virgin use thier own network and totally independent of the BT network. … Virgin use thier own network and totally independent of the BT network. You can get VM to install a new line for you and usually port your existing number into thier network. Remember VM broadband doesn't come through a phone line, cable broadband is superior to ADSL (that comes over your phoneline). But you also limit yourself to VM as they don't currentley wholesale thier services.

thanks ok there one question that stopping getting it.

With Talktalk I currently get calls to Cyprus completely free at all times do you know if virgin would be willing to add it free to the 10MB Package to get a new customer.

looking at the VM website it's £11.99 for your line rental a minimum of £9 for 200 mins worth of calls to mobiles, local numbers and international.
    allyours.virginmedia.com/web…d=3

Original Poster Banned

Paddy_o_furniture;8693583

looking at the VM website it's £11.99 for your line rental a minimum of … looking at the VM website it's £11.99 for your line rental a minimum of £9 for 200 mins worth of calls to mobiles, local numbers and international.http://allyours.virginmedia.com/websales/service.do?id=3

It works out to £33 I am only paying £25 with Talktalk

JohnCenaFan;8693950

It works out to £33 I am only paying £25 with Talktalk

No brainer then
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…66
      2. Sonos says let us spy or your stereo will not work77
      3. Jeremy Corbyn #traingate1317
      4. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4522113

See more discussions