Groups

Changing desktop settings

In an effort to make my desktop better looking I was wondering if there's anyway of changing settings to make the icons "icons only" and remove the text from underneath them... maybe make them a bit bigger?

don't really want to use an app like rocketdock or anything...

thanks

3 Comments

If your using vista:

on desktop, right click > personalise
    window colour and appearance
    in appearance settings click advanced
    in advanced appearance there should be a drop down menu called "item" > select icon from there
    and you can change sizes and colours of icons and text.

Hope it helps

Original Poster

tonyg1962;5010529

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/hide-desktop-icon-text-on-windows-vista/

thanks that helped, except that I can't do the recycle bin thing because I'm using XP not Vista. Is there any other way around this?

paz2k6;5010539

If your using vista:on desktop, right click personalisewindow colour and … If your using vista:on desktop, right click > personalisewindow colour and appearancein appearance settings click advancedin advanced appearance there should be a drop down menu called "item" > select icon from thereand you can change sizes and colours of icons and text.Hope it helps

I'm on XP so that didn't work.... is there anything similar for XP?

finally, I've got a few icons which are obviously shortcuts. I want to get rid of the annoying little shortcut icon in the bottom left of the program icon... can this be done?

thanks
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 15 ways you can hack that Amazon Dash Button78
      2. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?98
      3. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1842
      4. word association Game73844451

See more discussions