Changing from BT to Plusnet, how to give 30 days notice?

Found 18th May
Plusnet say they arrange the swap with BT.
Does that mean Plusnet give BT 30 days notice and start your new contract after 30 days or will there be a period I will be paying for 2 contracts.

Would it be better for me to ring BT and give the 30 days notice myself and then arrange the transfer to happen on that date with Plusnet?
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
When i changed from Sky to BT it was transferred over about the same time. Bt sorted it all out.
webtrawler10 m ago

When i changed from Sky to BT it was transferred over about the same time. …When i changed from Sky to BT it was transferred over about the same time. Bt sorted it all out.

If you get transfer within 30 days does that not mean you would be paying for 2 contracts at the same time for a period?
Just tell Plusnet a date you want to switch on.
Plusnet sort it all... You won't notice any difference other than the new direct debit and a much better customer service.

You won't be paying 2 direct debits.
Edited by: "mrty" 18th May
Just jump ship, Plusnet wlll do everything for you. Expect a letter through the post from BT saying sorry that you're leaving.
I moved from BT to Plusnet 9 months ago and Plusnet gave me their top of the range router (a rebadged BT Home Hub 5) which was pants for WiFi. If BT gave you a Home Hub 6 (not 5 or lower), you may want to use it with Plusnet. Its a blindingly good WiFi box unless you want to buy your own router and do fancy things.
Beware I moved to plusnet from sky only problem is plusnet hub is absolutely pants.
Plusnet tell BT Wholesale they are taking over your service, BT Wholesale tell BT Consumer your moving, BT Consumer will write to you to confirm your aware of it then on the date you agree with Plusnet the service switches

You do not need to talk to BT Consumer or respond to their letter unless you intend to stay with them
Bt switched my line from plusnet, plusnet are still taking payment grrr
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants