Changing from Virgin Media to Sky

18 replies
Found 4th Feb 2010
I am thinking of going back to Sky (now they have a free HD box & instilation) but only taking the tv package (no bb or phoneline).
My current Virgin Media bill is as follows -

Advance charges £48.00
Main services (Provided by Virgin Media Ltd or Virgin Media Payments Ltd) £48.00

--------------------------------

Description Date/period Amount
Telephone Line Rental 28 January - 27 February £11.00
Triple Saving 28 January - 27 February £-13.00
Call Displ 28 January - 27 February £2.00
Free Voicemail 28 January - 27 February £0.00
T V Size: X L 28 January - 27 February £23.00
Broadband Size: L 28 January - 27 February £25.00

But i don't get what charges i would still be having to pay. I know i would have to pay the line renta, caller ID and bb costs, but what is this 'Triplesaving' ?
Just wondering weather i would be better off going the whole hog with Sky.

18 Comments

If your getting the free SKY HD box your looking @ £18 for the channels plus £10 a month so £28 with out phone/line rental or bb.

I'm getting internet line rental and paying the small fee for the box, so heading towards £34-35

Edit thats just the lowest you can get.

Depending on what your getting TV wise might be worth switching the lot.

Original Poster

I would be getting the lot, sports, movie, entertainment packs, HD sub so i would be paying £58 pm.

>Just wondering weather i would be better off going the whole hog with Sky.

You will then have to go back to a BT line (maybe paying a BT reconnection cost)

Plus you will have to get a new phone number and may lose your Virgin phone number

Banned

Just go for the basic VM package

I pay £17.50 per month for 10mb BB (more than quick enough and I download a LOT!) and telephone line rental.

I only use the phone for incoming calls as its cheaper to get a PAYG phone (free from carphone warehouse) and stick an asda sim in it (8p per min, 4p per text) for outgoing calls.

that should leave you £30 a month for sky

i have everything with sky broad band, telephone and tv and i pay £46 PM thats includes HD and my telephone line rental :santa:

Banned

guilbert53;7747700

Just wondering weather i would be better off going the whole hog with … >Just wondering weather i would be better off going the whole hog with Sky.You will then have to go back to a BT line (maybe paying a BT reconnection cost)Plus you will have to get a new phone number and may lose your Virgin phone number

free bt reinstall (search hukd)

ViperKeith;7747827

i have everything with sky broad band, telephone and tv and i pay £46 PM … i have everything with sky broad band, telephone and tv and i pay £46 PM thats includes HD and my telephone line rental :santa:

£46 seems cheap what's included in that?

Adam2050;7748132

£46 seems cheap what's included in that?

i have tv with the varaity pack,kids and music which is £20pm

broadband the middle one not the largest which is £5 pm

and my phone is free

line rental on the telphone is is £11PM

and £10PM for the HD subsciption

this was just there deal i didnt haggle or anything

csiman;7747829

free bt reinstall (search hukd)

But surely that would lock the user in to BT for 12 months.

Sky BB is only a realistic option if their exchange is LLU'd.

ViperKeith;7748956

i and my phone is freeline rental on the telphone is is £11PM

How can your phone be " free " if you pay £11 line rental ??

Inactive;7748990

becuase the line rental u pay to is either to BT direct or you pay it to sky i decide to pay it to sky to get half price broadband but if i paid BT i wouldnt pay anything to sky for my phone

ViperKeith;7748956

i have tv with the varaity pack,kids and music which is £20pmbroadband … i have tv with the varaity pack,kids and music which is £20pmbroadband the middle one not the largest which is £5 pmand my phone is freeline rental on the telphone is is £11PMand £10PM for the HD subsciption this was just there deal i didnt hagle or anything

Ah thought you had everything as said

That's what I'm looking at without the HD service. As that is going to drop soon I guess with 3dTv round the corner.

Inactive;7748990

Think he means he isn't paying anything for calls as he doesn't use out of the periods set.

Adam2050;7749019

Ah thought you had everything as said :)That's what I'm looking at … Ah thought you had everything as said :)That's what I'm looking at without the HD service. As that is going to drop soon I guess with 3dTv round the corner.Think he means he isn't paying anything for calls as he doesn't use out of the periods set.

£10 for hd isnt to bad imo there are about 7-8 good channels that ill watch alot on hd so proberley worth it but depends if ur going to watch the channels or not:thumbsup:

ViperKeith;7749103

£10 for hd isnt to bad imo there are about 7-8 good channels that ill … £10 for hd isnt to bad imo there are about 7-8 good channels that ill watch alot on hd so proberley worth it but depends if ur going to watch the channels or not:thumbsup:

Well me footies coming down the xbox due to my dad having the channels I need, so won't pay for them, the HD channels I could live without with unless the world cup goes on to sky which I hope it doesn't will be able to watch it in HD for free, and record for pitance.

ViperKeith;7749018

becuase the line rental u pay to is either to BT direct or you pay it to … becuase the line rental u pay to is either to BT direct or you pay it to sky i decide to pay it to sky to get half price broadband but if i paid BT i wouldnt pay anything to sky for my phone

Sorry, that still does not equate to " free " in my book.

But whatever.

Banned

Inactive;7749371

Sorry, that still does not equate to " free " in my book.But whatever.

No-ones telephone is free - you either pay BT, Sky or VM a line rental.

What he meant was the calls package he has is free

Its not hard to grasp..........really............

Banned

And OP - are you contemplating the change because VM are discounting your bill by £13?!

dimebars;7749466

No-ones telephone is free - you either pay BT, Sky or VM a line … No-ones telephone is free - you either pay BT, Sky or VM a line rental.What he meant was the calls package he has is freeIts not hard to grasp..........really............

Even that isn't " free " it may well be inclusive.

Sky gives nothing for free.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Mercedes-Benz recalls 400,000 cars in UK over airbag fault99
    2. The HUKD Wuntu code sharing thread! (Three Mobile)89181
    3. Misco about to go into administration22
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247564

See more discussions