Changing Hot/Cold votes

Found 14th Dec 2017
Not sure if this has been discussed before (tried searching for it).
I'm interested as to why we can't change our votes but also as to whether people like it how it is now or would prefer to have the option to switch their votes.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
Top comments

I've accidently voted cold on a few deals when scrolling on phone app. just saying

Me too for being able to change vote as accidentally voted cold whilst scrolling (fat fingers and what not)

If nothing one should be able to change their vote in like say 30seconds of first voting ... to remove possibilities of accidents - just saying. ...
19 Comments

Original Poster

Should add, I personally like the way it is now where your first vote sticks.

It's perfect.

I've accidently voted cold on a few deals when scrolling on phone app. just saying

I want the choice and i prefer the old look too

Me too for being able to change vote as accidentally voted cold whilst scrolling (fat fingers and what not)

If nothing one should be able to change their vote in like say 30seconds of first voting ... to remove possibilities of accidents - just saying. ...

I also suffer from fat fingers. I would like to be able to change it.

yeah no logical reason to not be able to change.

donnablakey1 h, 41 m ago

I blame your parents.

I blame the governance of Zimbabwe for not keeping the infrastructure of the voting buttons changeable
fanpages1 h, 33 m ago

I blame your parents.

I've made votes in error too, there should be a 20-30 second window where you can correct said vote, but it's so important that votes stay once commited.

This has been needed more often recently as the deal that’s posted turns out to something else or not as stated...
like the origins deal yesterday...
super hot...
until you read comments or try and buy and actually it’s a price error in one store.

Im all for store specific deals (wild goose chases) but at least list it store specific.

donnablakey3 h, 44 m ago

fanpages2 h, 2 m ago

I blame your parents.

hethekid29 m ago

I blame the governance of Zimbabwe for not keeping the infrastructure of …I blame the governance of Zimbabwe for not keeping the infrastructure of the voting buttons changeable

Would the Government of a South African country help with the correction of the @donnablakey's plump digits?

fanpages7 m ago

Would the Government of a South African country help with the correction …Would the Government of a South African country help with the correction of the @donnablakey's plump digits?

Not unless they secretly own Mr Kiplings.

I can unlike a comment but I can't change my hot/cold vote, strange

Original Poster

I quite like the idea of being able to change the vote given a small timeframe. Would be good if a mod saw this thread.

There's been a few times I've voted cold in error when on phone/tablet and occasionally voted hot on something when a better deal has come along an hour or two later. So having the option to swap your vote and also remove your vote would be a nice addition

I hate it when there are deals appearing that are 'anticipating' offers, particularly the Wuntu Three 'deals' which get posted 24 hours before the offers appear on the app without any proof of the offers on the terms and conditions page, obtaining cheap initial heat to get on the front page. Then the poster changes the details of the 'deal' when the offer finally gets posted, and usually the offer is incorrect, and sometimes turns out to be a worse 'deal' (eg the free cineworld tickets actually being £3 cineworld tickets etc)
Edited by: "hass123" 16th Dec 2017

Totally agree that we should have the option to change votes. Sometimes information comes in about a product after you've voted that could change your mind about it being a good or bad deal.

I agree I think being able to change your vote is a good idea
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants