Changing Mobile Networks

Found 22nd Jul
I was with 3 and they automatically updated my handset with settings for MMS and internet.

With O2, should I factory reset my phone before using their SIM? Otherwise, won't I be using 3's settings?
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
So you are joining O2 now?

No need for a factory reset at all, your phone will ask you to install new settings when you insert the O2 SIM card if necessary. You may not get WiFi calling anymore (if you do use this) so you'd need to flash O2's firmware to sort that out.

I've changed networks many times and it's been fine without a factory reset.
jamie0153 h, 55 m ago

So you are joining O2 now?No need for a factory reset at all, your phone …So you are joining O2 now?No need for a factory reset at all, your phone will ask you to install new settings when you insert the O2 SIM card if necessary. You may not get WiFi calling anymore (if you do use this) so you'd need to flash O2's firmware to sort that out.I've changed networks many times and it's been fine without a factory reset.

Yeah signal is better in O2 in my area.
jamie0153 h, 57 m ago

So you are joining O2 now?No need for a factory reset at all, your phone …So you are joining O2 now?No need for a factory reset at all, your phone will ask you to install new settings when you insert the O2 SIM card if necessary. You may not get WiFi calling anymore (if you do use this) so you'd need to flash O2's firmware to sort that out.I've changed networks many times and it's been fine without a factory reset.

I wasn't asked to install anything when I put my spare O2 sim card in?
superfreddy9 m ago

Then you probably don't need to update any settings. If data/calls/texts are working then there isn't a problem really.
The only thing you usually have to do is normally reset your mobile to activate the sim. When it does this it automatically updates your new operators settings too. If it doesn't manage to your mobile will ask you to manually setup any settings it can't
superfreddy2 h, 11 m ago

Turn the phone off and back on again it may update the settings automatically on restart.
MonkeysUncle22nd Jul

The only thing you usually have to do is normally reset your mobile to …The only thing you usually have to do is normally reset your mobile to activate the sim. When it does this it automatically updates your new operators settings too. If it doesn't manage to your mobile will ask you to manually setup any settings it can't

Reset? As in restart or factory reset?
superfreddy53 m ago

Reset? As in restart or factory reset?

Restart.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants