Changing mobile number

Posted 15th Sep
For a few reasons I am wondering about changing mobile number had now for a very long time.

I am with 3 at moment on a SIM only 12 month contract.

Do networks allow you to request to change number? More than willing to pay for the costs of it.

Ally
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
I’m not sure if networks allow/can give you a new number, but I’ve twice changed numbers.
The first time whilst standing at the supermarket checkout I looked through the payg sim cards and found a mobile number shown that was really easy to remember, I bought it for 99p loaded up £5 and then contacted my provider by phone and went through the process of changing my number over.
The second time I bought a number off eBay for £15 as a birthday present for my son, again an easy number to remember ending in 007 as he’s a James Bond fan. Again activated the sim and rang my provider who again talked me through the process.
The easiest way would probably be buy a 3 mobile number of your choosing off eBay, get the sim and then ring 3.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 15th Sep
Yes you can change your number. if it has a crime reference it's usually free. if not they'll charge you.
Dont know if its changed recently but they never used to charge. I phoned network up at the time juat said was having issues with an ex can i change my number. No charge involved.
Caroline_199315/09/2019 12:16

Dont know if its changed recently but they never used to charge. I phoned …Dont know if its changed recently but they never used to charge. I phoned network up at the time juat said was having issues with an ex can i change my number. No charge involved.

Thanks Caroline and it is for like reasons. Just also like the idea of a fresh start.
Caroline_199315/09/2019 12:16

Dont know if its changed recently but they never used to charge. I phoned …Dont know if its changed recently but they never used to charge. I phoned network up at the time juat said was having issues with an ex can i change my number. No charge involved.

This.

I called them and said I've been getting harassed which was true at the time. The advisor said he'd look for a nice number for me and he did.
ALYMAC7615/09/2019 12:17

Thanks Caroline and it is for like reasons. Just also like the idea of a …Thanks Caroline and it is for like reasons. Just also like the idea of a fresh start.

Find a non-3 number you like (maybe on a shop-sourced PAYG sim or online source),
from a suitable handset request that number's PAC by sending a text from it stating three characters << PAC >> to 65075,
enter PAC to 3s online number transfer portal, you can even request your preferred date of transfer (transfer day must be Mon-Fri & within 30days of PAC issue) three.co.uk/sup…est
I hope this helps, it is the same for many networks.

PAC to keep current number

STAC to request a new number
38468719-a8mle.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants