Groups

changing money at tesco...

Was going to use the post office but noticed it was same rate as tesco for euros and you get points at tesco.. seems ok just wanted other opinions?

28 Comments

If you get points at Tescos then better to go there than the Post Office ........

I got my Euros from the Halifax .. (1.20)
    If you have an account with them it will work out better I think ...
    ( the Nationwides rate is pretty good too) :thumbsup:

couple of handy exchange links :

onlinefx.co.uk/fx/…D=1

travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com/

Banned

you will generally get better rates at your destination.

I exchange my money in tesco....... although the exchange rate from pund sterling to liters of petrol has shot up!!! stick with exchanging it to tins of "value" beans, you get more to the pound

I always shop around and play one agent against another. Go in and ask how much for a fixed amount and then say you had a better offer form another agent. They will often improve your offer straight away. We made an extra £90 last week by this method

Banned

or use the nationwide debit card abroad to withdraw cash as excellent exchange rates and zero charges. In Spain, always elect to withdraw in Euros rather than sterling as if you select sterling then you withdraw euros and the issuing bank does the exchange to sterling at terrible rates.

Banned

fizzo17;2537427

I always shop around and play one agent against another. Go in and ask … I always shop around and play one agent against another. Go in and ask how much for a fixed amount and then say you had a better offer form another agent. They will often improve your offer straight away. We made an extra £90 last week by this method

you must have been exchanging a few thousand to save £90!

csiman;2537439

you must have been exchanging a few thousand to save £90!

yes, but the it still applies no matter what the amount.

Thomas Cook have an offerthat if you exchange morethan £500 it is a mch better rate, I work fr a bank and I go there as even staff rate is naff!!

Original Poster

thanks all... might wait to exchange euros in france we got a pretty good deal in paris last year but think i found a pretty good deal on swiss francs so im happy =0)

Banned

fizzo17;2537468

yes, but the it still applies no matter what the amount.

personally, I couldnt be bothered to go chasing from one agent to another trying to haggle when you will always get a better rate abroad.

csiman;2537607

personally, I couldnt be bothered to go chasing from one agent to another … personally, I couldnt be bothered to go chasing from one agent to another trying to haggle when you will always get a better rate abroad.

Fair point. But we always take some local currency to pay for taxi from the airport etc. and with several travel agents in every High Street it is hardly hard work to walk from one to the next

Banned

fizzo17;2537647

Fair point. But we always take some local currency to pay for taxi from … Fair point. But we always take some local currency to pay for taxi from the airport etc. and with several travel agents in every High Street it is hardly hard work to walk from one to the next

every High St? My High street just has one travel agent.

csiman;2537701

every High St? My High street just has one travel agent.

villagers :roll:

Banned

Alfonse;2537846

villagers :roll::p

Shoreham has 20,000 residents. Hardly a village! :roll:

csiman;2538019

Shoreham has 20,000 residents. Hardly a village! :roll:

Easy tiger, tongue firmly in cheek for that one.

Anywho its nothing to do with the population what designates a village.

:thumbsup:

what is it then?

autolesbona;2538079

what is it then?

Village has a parish church/communal hall.

Town - Town Hall and Borough Charter, own council.

City - Cathedral.

That is simplified though generally it is defined by the church buildings in the settlement.

Banned

Alfonse;2538149

Village has a parish church/communal hall.Town - Town Hall and Borough … Village has a parish church/communal hall.Town - Town Hall and Borough Charter, own council.City - Cathedral.That is simplified though generally it is defined by the church buildings in the settlement.

Not quite true these days. Many a city does not have a cathedral (e.g Brighton). Shoreham has an out of town tescos so it must be a town ;-)

csiman;2538178

Not quite true these days. Many a city does not have a cathedral (e.g … Not quite true these days. Many a city does not have a cathedral (e.g Brighton). Shoreham has an out of town tescos so it must be a town ;-)

Well when we move away from that definition then I wil agree with you since this is still being taught in GSCE Geography I rest my case.

Check out Fordwich, Britains smallest town.

Banned

Alfonse;2538205

Well when we move away from that definition then I wil agree with you … Well when we move away from that definition then I wil agree with you since this is still being taught in GSCE Geography I rest my case.Check out Fordwich, Britains smallest town.

Since when has the current curriculum been up-to-date ;-)

csiman;2538274

Since when has the current curriculum been up-to-date ;-)

Whatever check out Fordwich then your definition is blown out of the water regardless of the curriculum and then check Britain's largest village.

deya

Banned

whatever? Are you american? lol

Brighton does not have a cathedral like many other cities. Point proven.

BTW, I never gave a definition. You did! Which clearly does not apply despite what schools teach.

csiman;2538488

whatever? Are you american? lolBrighton does not have a cathedral like … whatever? Are you american? lolBrighton does not have a cathedral like many other cities. Point proven.BTW, I never gave a definition. You did! Which clearly does not apply despite what schools teach.

Brighton is conurbation, the forming of 2 towns, Brighton and Hove to form a city.

Like I said my defnitions were of the simplest form.

If you check my examples and actually take time to think alittle you will understand rather than trying to be obtuse.

Banned

simplest form maybe. Wrong? Yes.

csiman;2538648

simplest form maybe. Wrong? Yes.

lol, give up you clearly haven't given any foundation to your argument, you don't reply to each of my points purposefully, therefore you have a baseless argument. So what is wrong compared to zero evidence you have offered up?

Banned

Alfonse;2538696

lol, give up you clearly haven't given any foundation to your argument, … lol, give up you clearly haven't given any foundation to your argument, you don't reply to each of my points purposefully, therefore you have a baseless argument. So what is wrong compared to zero evidence you have offered up?

Whatever!

thank you

Banned

Alfonse;2538794

thank you

There's always one who has to get the last word in ;-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win amazing travel prizes including £2000 travel voucher, flights and holid…11
      2. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
      4. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33

See more discussions