Groups

changing o2 bolt ons

Banned
    I took out a contract last june and was given free o2 to o2 calls, im paying £20 a month, 200 minutes and 1400 texts which is great for me. Im now getting a new phone that will mean i want to use the web and retrieve emails, is it possible to get rid of the o2 to o2 calls and change this for a free web bolt on?

I phoned them about this but to be honest i did not know how the bolt ons worked and they tried selling me another bolt on but now i do i will give them a bell tomorrow but i was wondering if this was possible, has anyone done this?

Thanks

7 Comments

Yes, you can do it, I think they allow you to change it every 3 months if you wish. I initially started with free unlimited landline calls, then changed to unlimited web. All I did was call up customer service and they did the change there and then on the phone, no probs, all they said to me was to wait 24 hours until it feeds through their system otherwise I may get charged for 1 days worth of the bolt-on.

Can you use your mobile as a modem with the unlimited web bolt on ?

imortal;4679410

No idea. Never tried that one. :thinking:

Banned

imortal;4679410

Yes, you can, though it depends on the phone. If its running Windows mobile, the answer is 100% yes.

guv;4679532

Yes, you can, though it depends on the phone. If its running Windows … Yes, you can, though it depends on the phone. If its running Windows mobile, the answer is 100% yes.

Thanks thats the answer i was looking for :thumbsup:

Banned

imortal;4679571

Thanks thats the answer i was looking for :thumbsup:

Its in the settings of the phone.

Think it says "share internet connection"

(Haven't used mine as a modem since getting a dongle - and no longer use the HTC either!)

Original Poster Banned

thanks for the replies, im due a nokia 5800 and i would like to use it on the move and browse the web when possible and have emails sent through.

Thanks.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764583
      2. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…34
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3211137
      4. What is there free to do in your town?1321

See more discussions