Changing Paypal address on eBay once auction has finished

Found 10th Sep 2012
Hi,

I sold something on eBay and put the wrong email address and when the person made payment it said payment pending, I checked the email address and it was incorrect.

The buyer has withdrawn payment and I need to change the email, how can I do this?

Thanks in advance,

Paul.

1. Misc
  2. Finish
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Finish
13 Comments

Banned

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9optkIcRA1rai8lko1_250.gif

Can't be done unless they have changed the systems recently. Had hell with this before. You send emails then they just send you auto replies.

Banned

aircanman

Can't be done unless they have changed the systems recently. Had hell … Can't be done unless they have changed the systems recently. Had hell with this before. You send emails then they just send you auto replies.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m84xa1UZjc1qb9fuc.gif

If pending that's a good sign.
Set up an email account with the incorrect email address, set up a paypoo account and hopefully you can access the funds.
If pending it normally means that the paypoo account isn't yet set up and the money is in limbo.
If this didn't work then as its pending the buyer should be able to cancel the transaction and then you need to ask the buyer to go directly to PayPal and go through the 'pay for eBay item' route and then it's still through the correct route for a happy buyer.

Just setup the wrong email address then add it to your PayPal account as an additional payment address then voila money in account

simplyjimbo

Just setup the wrong email address then add it to your PayPal account as … Just setup the wrong email address then add it to your PayPal account as an additional payment address then voila money in account

When this happened to me, I tried to do this, but PP wouldn't release the money to the email account.

aircanman

When this happened to me, I tried to do this, but PP wouldn't release the … When this happened to me, I tried to do this, but PP wouldn't release the money to the email account.

Worked fine for me recently, I miss typed my email address by one letter, so I just setup the same email address via gmail and added to my PayPal account. Once confirmed as your email address by the usual click a link in an email or use the PIN code the address can be used again for payments but most importantly of all got to receive the payment a buyer had made.

Straight forward really would have been stuffed though if the email address had been already taken but luckily it wasn't.
Edited by: "simplyjimbo" 11th Sep 2012

Original Poster

The only problem with the email is that it is a btopenworld email from about 10 years ago and now yahoo own that and can't set a new email up.

Currently trying sickly sweets idea of asking them to pay through paypal using the item number.

The annoying thing is I pass where they live on my way to work.

simplyjimbo

Worked fine for me recently, I miss typed my email address by one letter, … Worked fine for me recently, I miss typed my email address by one letter, so I just setup the same email address via gmail and added to my PayPal account. Once confirmed as your email address by the usual click a link in an email or use the PIN code the address can be used again for payments but most importantly of all got to receive the payment a buyer had made. Straight forward really would have been stuffed though if the email address had been already taken but luckily it wasn't.

Aah, thinking about it, I had an issue because the old email was one I couldn't access any more due to a change of provider, so I couldn't authorise the new PP email address for some reason.

paul_doh

The only problem with the email is that it is a btopenworld email from … The only problem with the email is that it is a btopenworld email from about 10 years ago and now yahoo own that and can't set a new email up.Currently trying sickly sweets idea of asking them to pay through paypal using the item number.The annoying thing is I pass where they live on my way to work.

Ask for cash and you will deliver then.

Happened to me too in the past - I accidentally put .com instead of .co.uk on the email address. Couldn't register the email address as the first part was already taken. I eventually rung Paypal and the very nice lady there (which made a pleasant change) added that address to my Paypal account for me, so that the payment went through. Not sure she should have done that though, but it worked a treat.

Speak to the buyer and ask them to re-pay - just explain the problem to them and send them a Paypal invoice from the correct account. Or try to deliver in person and save the fees altogether!

Original Poster

aircanman

Ask for cash and you will deliver then.

Yeah, tried that and they want to do everything through paypal.

I have issued a invoice through paypal and hopefully they will pay.

paul_doh

Yeah, tried that and they want to do everything through paypal.I have … Yeah, tried that and they want to do everything through paypal.I have issued a invoice through paypal and hopefully they will pay.

The buyer can go through PayPal to pay an eBay item if they want to through the send payment in their account. You enter the eBay number etc so it's all linked to eBay,
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants