Changing to Xbox Elite query

18 replies
Found 14th Mar 2010
Hey guys

just bought an Elite at Sainsburys, I have asked this before but can't find the answer again lol sorry
what info is saved on Xbox live servers? I have paid for some maps for cod will they be able to download again?

What basically will have saved? What about my prestige level is modern wafare 2 that won't get wiped will it I hope not lol

17 Comments

Banned

yes you will be able to download again from download history

You lose your prestige

just kidding

Banned

anything you have downloaded for your xbox you will be able to download again for free i think

Banned

Yeah it's all saved under your gamer tag, just done it with oblivion stuff.

Original Poster

What is that you need the transfer kit for then?

Marzbarz you kidder u lol

all info is stored inside your Gamertag and syncs central servers.

HOWEVER.
All saved data, and any downloads (dlc etc) need to be transferred or re-downloaded if moving to a new hard drive,

Anything you have PAID for, you need (well you dont need to, but if you dont it means you need to have your profile signed into xbox live to access the content) to go through licence migration (as you have 2 licences for everything you pay for, one tied to the console, one tied to your XBL gamertag)

saxo_appeal;8104662

What is that you need the transfer kit for then?Marzbarz you kidder u What is that you need the transfer kit for then?Marzbarz you kidder u lol

Transfer kit is for moving data (saves, downloaded addons, demos, game updates) from one hard drive to another to save you redownloading everything/losing your saves.

Original Poster

Cool thanks all

Banned

Saxo, did the xbox you bought have the new dashboard type already installed or did you download the update?

Original Poster

I haven't set it up yet, what do u need to know mate?

Banned

saxo_appeal;8104964

I haven't set it up yet, what do u need to know mate?

If it has the new dashboard type with the avatars or if it has the old blade dashboard like it had to begin with.

Original Poster

Looks to me like the new one

yeh it said do you want to download update or it will kick me from xbox live

so I downloaded it

Original Poster

Has anyone noticed (might just be me) but does the Elite have more of a whine??
You can hear it more that the pro, before u say it yes I have installed the game to the HDD

Banned

saxo_appeal;8106341

Has anyone noticed (might just be me) but does the Elite have more of a … Has anyone noticed (might just be me) but does the Elite have more of a whine??You can hear it more that the pro, before u say it yes I have installed the game to the HDD

Should be quiter

Original Poster

Hmmm I was sure the pro was quieter lol
maybe it's just coz it's new

Banned

thought u were selling the pro to raise baby funds lol

did u sell it

Original Poster

Old dears bought stuff for us, nah still got the pro
Post a comment
@
    Text