changing your name online

20 replies
Found 29th May 2008
I want to change my surname and have been told I could do it online? Has anyone ever done this before or does anyone know of any websites?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
20 Comments

[url]www.deedpoll.org.uk[/url]

I'm about to do it aswell so i've been looking into it!!
Hope this helps.

Original Poster

thanks all rep left!

Original Poster

Alfonse;2198662

]http://www.deedpollsonline.co.uk/

thats the one I'm currently on

how much does this cost?:|

Banned

Your last name? As in Surname?
Well.....

after seeing your pic....you could always marry me, job done then :whistling:

Banned

ODB_69;2198738

Your last name? As in Surname?Well.....after seeing your pic....you could … Your last name? As in Surname?Well.....after seeing your pic....you could always marry me, job done then :whistling:

Oi, come back to our bed, I mean thread:x

Banned

DLM;2198769

Oi, come back to our bed, I mean thread:x

YOUR NOT THE BOSS OF ME!

[SIZE=1]ok then[/SIZE]

Original Poster

I claim working tax and child tax would I need to reapply or just tell them and they change it?

Original Poster

SteJosh;2198700

how much does this cost?:|

not to sure not that much though my mum paid £50 a while back but not to sure about now

Original Poster

jellybaby22;2198941

i sure you have to write to everywhere you need to change your … i sure you have to write to everywhere you need to change your name...passport, bank, tax credit and some ask you for the certificate that proves you changed your name.

do you mean the deed poll?

You can do it free, all you need is the basic template, fill your relevant details in the blanks get it witnessed and signed and job done, write to the relevant people (banks, council, benefits etc etc) and enclose a copy of the deed and jobs a good un. I have the template stored as a word file and a pdf somewhere, if you'd like me to forward them to you pm me with your email address.

Proof it works:
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s308/harlzter/DSCF1026-1.jpg

I change mine just for the fun of it!! This is all you need, the first time around I used a solicitor at £35, but then used these afterwards ive had a few different names since then using these including Don Kiddick, Jack Daniels, R. Lee Davidson

Original Poster

[QUOTE=harlzter;2198973]You can do it free, all you need is the basic template, fill your relevant details in the blanks get it witnessed and signed and job done, write to the relevant people (banks, council, benefits etc etc) and enclose a copy of the deed and jobs a good un. I have the template stored as a word file and a pdf somewhere, if you'd like me to forward them to you pm me with your email address.

get it witnessed by who ?

Original Poster

jellybaby22;2199015

[QUOTE=Kellie + Paisley;2198992]you can get in witnessed at your … [QUOTE=Kellie + Paisley;2198992]you can get in witnessed at your soliciotrs the usually do it for free but some charge a small fee £12 at mine .

oh I haven't got a solicitor

Kellie + Paisley;2198992

get it witnessed by who ?

Anyone who is not related to you! It doesnt have the strictness a passport or driving licence does! I use our local shopkeeper!

Damn now this subject has been brought up I feel the urge to do it again, I wonder how Harlzter - HUKD would look on a bank card?

Original Poster

harlzter;2199041

Damn now this subject has been brought up I feel the urge to do it again, … Damn now this subject has been brought up I feel the urge to do it again, I wonder how Harlzter - HUKD would look on a bank card?

so I just fill in my details get it signed then what? its all done ? Also Harlzter - HUKD would look funky

Kellie + Paisley;2199136

so I just fill in my details get it signed then what? its all done ?

All done you just do a copy of the original and send the copies off to your banks inland revenue (or whoever deals with tax credits these days etc etc!) I always use a parchment effect paper simply because it looks better., I can get 10 sheets of that for £1 locally but normal paper is fine, its just cosmetically better!

Original Poster

harlzter;2199204

All done you just do a copy of the original and send the copies off to … All done you just do a copy of the original and send the copies off to your banks inland revenue (or whoever deals with tax credits these days etc etc!) I always use a parchment effect paper simply because it looks better., I can get 10 sheets of that for £1 locally but normal paper is fine, its just cosmetically better!

very intresting:)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition62653
    2. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines11
    3. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers33
    4. Chat magazine issue 4323

See more discussions