Channel four copyright infringement.

Posted 26th Nov
Just been watching that worst jobs caught on camera and was rather surprised to see some of my own dash-cam footage on there that they have not had or even inquired about using for a commercial purpose, I have only posted this to my own social media accounts (including here) are they allowed to do that? Surely as the person who took the video I am the sole copyright holder of it regardless of where I posted it, how would I go about chasing them for payment for their infringement. I'm pretty sure If I used their video for commercial purpose they would be chasing me. So why not go after them.
Community Updates
Misc
24 Comments
yes
Haircut_10026/11/2019 22:22

Was it this …Was it this footage?https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/whats-the-betting-the-driving-instructor-was-looking-at-his-phone-3231346

Pretty sure that if you upload it to social media they are allowed to do whatever they want with it.
Is that copyright loss not hidden away on social media sites terms and conditions ?

When you post stuff on Facebook you lose all rights and hand them over to Facebook.

I could be wrong since I don't use Facebook.
tintin726/11/2019 22:31

Is that copyright loss not hidden away on social media sites terms and …Is that copyright loss not hidden away on social media sites terms and conditions ?When you post stuff on Facebook you lose all rights and hand them over to Facebook.I could be wrong since I don't use Facebook.

You are wrong, by publishing on social media you are giving the site permission to use the image/video. That does not entitle a 3rd party to use it. Saying that most people haven't got the money to do anything about it.
You just have to look at any the way media outlets trawl social media sites for pictures and stories that they post any day to see that if there is copyright then they just ignore it.
Ask on reddit.com/r/L…eUK . General forums like this are the worst place to ask for questions which require real knowledge and understanding.
Pájaro26/11/2019 22:47

Ask on www.reddit.com/r/LegalAdviceUK . General forums like this are the …Ask on www.reddit.com/r/LegalAdviceUK . General forums like this are the worst place to ask for questions which require real knowledge and understanding.

"I'm not a lawyer but..." that sounds like advice.
I didn’t think there was copyright rules on dash cam footage?
fanpages26/11/2019 22:55

I’m not a lawyer but I think you’re a lawyer according to my lawyer
Pájaro26/11/2019 22:47

Ask on www.reddit.com/r/LegalAdviceUK . General forums like this are the …Ask on www.reddit.com/r/LegalAdviceUK . General forums like this are the worst place to ask for questions which require real knowledge and understanding.

fanpages26/11/2019 22:55

DanSpaghetti26/11/2019 23:01

I’m not a lawyer but I think you’re a lawyer according to my lawyer

Are you soliciting for business?
fanpages26/11/2019 23:06

Are you soliciting for business?

Well I’m no solicitor
fanpages26/11/2019 23:50

Or punctuator.

Maybe, maybe not. I m no stapler,. :I agree (&@
choccie3226/11/2019 23:00

I didn’t think there was copyright rules on dash cam footage?

I can't imagine why there wouldn't be, as long as the camera/car is privately owned by an individual.
If it's a company car, or being used in the course of employment etc, then GDPR rules come into play and that's a whole different matter.
One possible point of contention, if it's automated dashcam recording, does picking a section of it make it a "work"
I've had companys ask if they can use parts of my YouTube video and made me sign a contract, just to say I've let them use it. One was a supplement company and they sent me some free stuff as a thank you.

I remember a couple of years ago LadsBible used one of my holiday videos from Ibiza when I pranked a mate saying he drank wee rather than a pint they didn't asked and bet they made a few quid off it, only found out as a load of people tagged me in it.
You posted it on a public forum = here...where is your copyright?
Pájaro28/11/2019 00:45

Comment deleted

Calling others stupid when you can’t even understand BASIC English? Were the words ‘I didn’t think’ too hard for you? Where did I say ‘there isnt’? So please, continue with your intelligence. PS ‘lose out on hundreds’? Yeah ok... the intelligence is flowing out of you, and your clued up source.
Edited by: "choccie32" 28th Nov
choccie3228/11/2019 01:06

Calling others stupid when you can’t even understand BASIC English? Were t …Calling others stupid when you can’t even understand BASIC English? Were the words ‘I didn’t think’ too hard for you? Where did I say ‘there isnt’? So please, continue with your intelligence. PS ‘lose out on hundreds’? Yeah ok... the intelligence is flowing out of you, and your clued up source.

Why would you contribute your thoughts if you don't think?
Pájaro28/11/2019 01:12

Why would you contribute your thoughts if you don't think?

Clearly more thought goes on than with you. There’s a sentence there, not three words. It must be worrying for you in the real world when you only let segments enter your brain.
Edited by: "choccie32" 28th Nov
choccie3228/11/2019 01:15

Clearly more thought goes on than with you. There’s a sentence there, not t …Clearly more thought goes on than with you. There’s a sentence there, not three words. It must be worrying for you in conversations when you only let segments enter your brain.

There could be a whole book there, and it wouldn't make a difference. The problem is that you don't know what you're talking about, have zero experience and have done zero research, and are presenting an answer which, if heeded in any way, might dissuade the OP from making a legitimate claim to a payout. Your contribution isn't worthless, it's actually detrimental. That undermines any comeback you might be able to come up with.
Haircut_10026/11/2019 22:22

Was it this …Was it this footage?https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/whats-the-betting-the-driving-instructor-was-looking-at-his-phone-3231346

Oh, dear I advised op to post on there FB page Sorry op for bad advice

On another note, That gets worse each time I watch it!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants