Character reference! Someone help me!

Posted 9th Feb
Evening,

I need a character reference for a new home I’m moving too, Ive asked a good pal of mine who has agreed but has told me to type it out and he will sign it for me lol. Just wondering if someone can suggest what i can put? Im useless at stuff like this. Doesn’t need to be long or even formal, just a few sentences. Any suggestions? Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
I, Derek Shatwell, confirm that SteMoss is a top bloke.
Is kind to small animals and is careful when handling explosives.

Sorted
He also gets very angry if his bread isn’t fresh
13 Comments
ScubaDudes09/02/2020 20:15

https://pdf.wondershare.com/templates/character-reference-template-download.html

Thanks!
I, Derek Shatwell, confirm that SteMoss is a top bloke.
Is kind to small animals and is careful when handling explosives.

Sorted
if it is a rental then something along the line that

you are honest, reliable, trustworthy, tidy, clean, not noisy and all round good guy.

not sure if you actually possess any of those characteristics but those will be what the landlord would want to hear!
parisp09/02/2020 20:52

If for a rental property, say you always pay your rent on time
parisp09/02/2020 20:52

I have a feeling, it's not just his bread
Hennah09/02/2020 22:06

If for a rental property, say you always pay your rent on time

it's a character reference from his friend so it needs to be believable. his friend would not know if the OP pays his rent on time as you do not tend to discuss this with your friend unless you are skint and are behind with your rent!

when do you ever hear someone gloating to their friends that they have paid their rent on time this month?

if his friend says that in the character reference, the landlord would think that his friend was not being genuine and are stating what he thinks the landlord wants to hear.
mutley109/02/2020 22:58

it's a character reference from his friend so it needs to be believable. …it's a character reference from his friend so it needs to be believable. his friend would not know if the OP pays his rent on time as you do not tend to discuss this with your friend unless you are skint and are behind with your rent! when do you ever hear someone gloating to their friends that they have paid their rent on time this month? if his friend says that in the character reference, the landlord would think that his friend was not being genuine and are stating what he thinks the landlord wants to hear.

It was only a joke! Would never expect a reference to say anything regarding paying rent on time!

I certainly wouldn’t believe it! Was never meant to be taken seriously for a second, surely OP knows that
Hennah09/02/2020 23:14

It was only a joke! Would never expect a reference to say anything …It was only a joke! Would never expect a reference to say anything regarding paying rent on time! I certainly wouldn’t believe it! Was never meant to be taken seriously for a second, surely OP knows that

lol. the only person that i would believe a statement about the OP paying his rent on time would be the estate agent or the previous landlord, or even the OP himself but i would ask for proof
Absolutely. Only a previous landlord saying it would hold some weight for me. I’m hoping that I don’t get another nightmare tenant this time round. All my other tenants (both currently & previously) are/have been fantastic overall.

Learnt a lot of valuable lessons over the past six months with this particular tenant. A real eye opener for me this time round.
Hennah09/02/2020 23:25

Absolutely. Only a previous landlord saying it would hold some weight for …Absolutely. Only a previous landlord saying it would hold some weight for me. I’m hoping that I don’t get another nightmare tenant this time round. All my other tenants (both currently & previously) are/have been fantastic overall. Learnt a lot of valuable lessons over the past six months with this particular tenant. A real eye opener for me this time round.

part and parcel of being a landlord. you come across all sorts of people, some are good people and some are very bad people. it is very difficult to tell. i do all the credit checks and referencing myself and if the details do not cross reference then that raises my suspicion and i won't accept the application.

you need to fully understand the law so that you are aware of the risks and how the law can and can not protect you. having this knowledge helps you to protect yourself as you are aware of the risks that you may face and can make preparation to avoid these risks or minimise them.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants