Charge Back From A Betting Account

Found 22nd Oct 2017
I'm not having a great week and I'm sure this will sound like someone spent and lost so wants their money back but that's not the case.

I opened an account with a online betting service, part of the procedure was proof of identity by uploading some documents. I did this but a few days later my account was suspended.

I spoke to their online help person who said they are dealing with it and I should wait. I waited a few more days and spoke to them again as it was still suspended. This one said, after some badgering, that the document were note readable. I find that hard to believe has I had already used them twice before and they never gave feedback just left me hanging.

Anyway, I've decided I don't want to use them now in case of future problems. They still have my money it's only £20 but they say they can keep till I provide identity proof. I was thinking a charge back might work ?
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
They probably can keep your money as they state - suspect it falls under the money laundering requirements!

Clearly miss use of the regulations.
Why not just upload a clearer picture of said documents
Just send them another picture of your identity (no biggie). I've done most of the gambling site on TCB and Quidco purely for the cashback. When they ask for proof of identity when I withdraw the funds I just send it to them (I have a folder ready with all the required documents i.e bank cards with the middle numbers already blanked out, driving licence etc etc).
Banned
Ha I bet you all the money I have that it is 888.com

Any takers
If the money left your account via direct debit then an indemnity claim via the bank will see an immediate refund.
Any other means then ask the bank, you gave them money for a service and never received said service.
Now I've signed up to probably every betting site for the free bet promotions. I have never come across one that makes you send documents after depositing funds. I have seen ones where they ask before depositing or when trying to withdraw money. Never have I seen one that asks after you deposit and before you can stake anything... Seems odd to me.
as others have said, just send in a better picture or send in certified paper copies. i have never opened a betting account and i plan never to do so as i hate gambling (even though my husband used to be a professional gambler!) but if they need proof of ID before allowing money withdrawal then just provide what they want.
I've never needed to send documents to prove my identity and have accounts with multiple online bookmakers. Furthermore, if they're unsure of your identity then they should not be taking your money. You wouldn't expect your local Bargain Booze to take and hold your money if you were asked for I.D. and failed to provide.

May I ask who is the company in question?
Original Poster
xfaxfa3 h, 16 m ago

I've never needed to send documents to prove my identity and have accounts …I've never needed to send documents to prove my identity and have accounts with multiple online bookmakers. Furthermore, if they're unsure of your identity then they should not be taking your money. You wouldn't expect your local Bargain Booze to take and hold your money if you were asked for I.D. and failed to provide.May I ask who is the company in question?

Yes that's how I'm thinking. it's Betfair.
Kmore8 h, 13 m ago

Ha I bet you all the money I have that it is 888.com Any takers

Ouch, maybe you shouldn’t use betting sites
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants