Groups

Chargebacks

Just wondering how long the whole process takes?
    I started a chargeback last week (thursday i think), it was an Abbey National visa debit card purchase to dell outlet.
    the bank cancelled the card we used immediately whilst on the phone to stop another charge being made and forms were sent out. havent received the forms yet so unsure of when the process starts and how long it takes.
    Is it in action now? Will it only start after forms are signed and returned? And when it has been started..does it take days? weeks?
    This is the first time in doing anything like this and is a bit of a pain. We have no way of making any purchases online until a new card is sent out.

6 Comments

mine took about 4 months

Original Poster

octobergirl;3623307

mine took about 4 months

ouch.

On another note. i emailed Dell just before i posted this thread, just informing them of the chargeback, went to toilet and missed a call. Message was from Dell of all people. Full of apologies. informing me of an investigation to find the laptop and an email will be sent followed by another call in the morning.

I guess nothing like the threat of taking your money back to kick their butts into gear.

I was involved in the process once and was told that the whole process can take up to 120 days. Fortunately the company seen sense and wanted to avoid a CCJ so refunded me. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;3624673

I was involved in the process once and was told that the whole process … I was involved in the process once and was told that the whole process can take up to 120 days. Fortunately the company seen sense and wanted to avoid a CCJ so refunded me. :thumbsup:

well, im glad the fact i have taken the action has forced Dell to actually respond to me. Hopefully they will sort this quicker than me having wait too much longer.

good luck - hope it works out ok for you

Original Poster

octobergirl;3628658

good luck - hope it works out ok for you

thanks. i will know tomorrow if dell keep their word and phone
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Easyjet - book now or wait?12
      2. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1122
      3. Legal advice?79
      4. Ditched Sky78

See more discussions